Fried Pickles- SRC

Secret Recipe Club took January off while some rules, groups, organizers were updated. I really missed it that month. I love the fun of finding my blog in the list and seeing what someone picked to make from my recipe index. In this case I hope that Rebecca from A Dash of Thyme is happy to find my blog and see what I made. Pricer and I went through her recipe index several times and had a tough time picking. For a while we planned on doing Grilled Santa Fe Burgers but in the end we decided to make Fried Pickles to go with dinner we were having to celebrate the Daytona 500 (which was pushed to today because of bad weather :-( ).

This reminded us of our trip to Charlotte where we ate amazing fried pickle appetizers with our BBQ. Having the fried pickles last night with our pulled pork and cole slaw was perfect. The wine with dinner didn’t hurt but I’ll stay focused on the food… The pickles were perfectly seasoned allowing an extra level of flavor to them while still letting the pickle shine through. We just had them plain with our dinner but they would be great as party food with some ranch dressing.

Fried Pickles

*serves 4*

Ingredients

• 3 whole kosher dill pickles
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 cup of pickle juice
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • pinch garlic powder
  • pinch of onion powder
  • pinch of paprika
  • Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
  • Canola oil, for frying

Process

1. Slice the pickles into 1/4″ thick slices.
  2. In a small bowl, combine the egg and pickle juice.
  3. In a shallow dish, combine the flour, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and ground pepper.  Stir to combine well.
  4. In batches, dip the pickle slices flour mixture, then in the egg mixture, shaking off the excess, and then dredge in the flour mixture to finish.
  5. In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, bring 1-inch of oil to 375 degrees F.  Fry the pickles in batches until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes, flipping half way through.
  6. Transfer the fried pickles to a paper towel lined rack.

Secret Recipe Club

Check out my previous Secret Recipe Club Posts:

December: Shrimp Sriracha Stir Fry

November: Vegetable Enchiladas

October: Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars

Check out the rest of the reveal day posts!

____________________

Thanks for visiting. Please leave me a comment to provide some feedback. I appreciate all the comments I receive.

About these ads

Mom. Bostonian. Rabbit and Boston Terrier owner. Home cook. Scrapbooker. Sperry and Kate Spade addict. Never without my phone.
This entry was posted in Cooking, Food and Drink and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Fried Pickles- SRC

1. Love fried pickles! These look delicious!

2. nutjob4life says:

Oh those are NAUGHTY.

Or, in other words, so maddeningly addictive! I could out away an entire platter—and I think my “love handles” bear the evidence out.

Thanks for the recipe!

3. jenni says:

Oh, how fun!! I have never had a fried pickle before but they look addicting! Great job!

4. Yum! I love fried pickles.

5. Looks yummy, fried pickles is definitely on my list of things I need to try!

6. FoodBabbles says:

I’ve heard about fried pickles but never had them before. These look fantastic and definitely make me want to give them a try.

7. yum, i love fried pickles but have never tried making ‘em. will definitely have to give them a try soon! =)

8. Lisa~~ says:

Fried pickles are such a delicious treat. Great SRC choice.

If you haven’t already, I’d love for you to check out my Group ‘A’ SRC entry: Crunchy Fudgy Heart Bites and my Group ‘D’ entry: Health(ier) Peanut Brittle

Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

9. Kirstin says:

YUMMY! I had fried pickles in florida a few years ago! so good.

10. YUMM! I have never had fried pickle, so maybe it’s time I follow your lead and make them at home.
    Great recipe choice :)!

11. Erin says:

I love fried pickles and this recipe looks great! I can’t wait to try them at home.

12. BruCrew Life says:

We love to get fried pickles when we go out to dinner! Now I can just make them at home any time…awesome:-) Sounds like it was a great recipe choice!!!

13. Angel's Homestead says:

As much as me and my daughter love pickles, I cant believe we’ve never tried them fried. I pinned them to try soon.

14. Megan says:

I had fried pickles for the first time at a restaurant this weekend, and oh man. I am hooked — glad there is a go -to recipe I can make at home now!

15. I’ve always wanted to try making fried pickles but never had. Your recipe post has my mouth watering. You’ve inspired me to make them one day very soon. Thanks for choosing this recipe to post and for making me add them to my recipe list for the month :)

16. Pingback: Sautéed Green Beans with Lemon and Almonds- SRC |