What happens when you have to stop by someone’s house last minute on Christmas Eve or on Christmas? What makes a great hostess gift? It should be festive! Something easy for you is the best. Hmm, do you rip the centerpiece off your own table to bring? You can’t re-gift an opened box of chocolates. So you make this last minute Peppermint Fudge to have on hand to gift, or just eat yourself.
Family Fun Magazine has some really cute holiday baking ideas that will have both you and everyone you are celebrating with so merry! The peppermint fudge sounded too good to pass up. Plus it had peppermint candies in there so I had to end my holiday baking season with peppermint as I’ve been addicted with the mint and chocolate combo this year.
If you can use a microwave and mix things in a bowl you can make this fudge. This is the perfect recipe to whip up yourself or to make with your kids.
- 24 ounces of while chocolate chips
- 14 ounce can of condensed milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups coursly crushed peppermint candies, such as candy canes
- Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper. There should be excess parchment hanging out of the pan, which provides handles for removal.
- In a medium sized bowl, combined the white chocolate chips, condensed milk, and salt. Microwave for 2-3 minutes, stiring at 30 second intervals. Add the peppermint candies and mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Chill for firm and set, about 2 hours. Remove from the pan and then cut into 1″- square pieces.