So I’ve been doing a lot of cooking and baking lately. A lot of baking. It feels good. It had been a while since I got dirty with flour and melted chocolate. It is an entirely new experience baking/cooking with the pup around. I’m constantly yelling for Price in the other room to yell for Kemper so he will run to him and get away from me when I need to open up the hot oven. But it’s all worth the extra effort since the house smelled amazing this weekend. How can it not with lots of chocolate and Cadbury Eggs?!?!
I saw these Cadbury Mini Egg Brownies from Breanna’s Recipe Box on Pinterest and knew I had to make them. They are based on Carrie‘s Milk Chocolate Cadbury Mini Egg Brownies. It’s such a small world! Anyway, I love anything related to Cadbury (see here, here and here). I just can’t resist them.
These brownie were quick to pull together and I just loved how the house smelled so good while they baked and cooled. The hardest part was chopping up the Cadbury Mini Eggs. Many they have HARD shells. I actually didn’t want to risk the slicing my finger open so I just went down to the basement and took a hammer to the eggs double bagged in a ziplock baggie. Always important not to cut finger or to disturb attached neighbor. Also, important to share! Which is why I cut mine into very small squares to share with coworkers, instead of just cutting it into 9 squares.
There are so many great options for sweet treats for Easter. And of course I had to give you another. Have fun!
Cadbury Mini Egg Brownies
Makes 9 brownies
- 1 cup butter
- 3 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces of chopped milk chocolate Cadbury Mini Eggs, divided in half
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line an 8×8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, extending it up the sides. Spray the parchment with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt the chopped milk chocolate and butter together. Once combined, add the cocoa powder, stir until smooth. Set aside and let cool slightly.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, and vanilla until combined. Add the chocolate/butter mixture and stir to combine. Next, stir in the flour and salt. Lastly, fold in the Greek yogurt and 4 ounces of the chopped mini eggs.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and spread until even. Sprinkle the remaining chopped mini eggs on the top of the brownie batter.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting into 9 squares.