The past few weeks of milkshakes for our Thirsty Thursdays posts has left me with ice cream on my mind. I’m not actually a big ice cream person though. So Price was really enjoying the milkshake month! But ice cream every now and then is just so damn good!
And what’s even better than ice cream?
Ice cream with a homemade chocolate sauce!!
What’s even better than that?
Ice cream with homemade bourbon chocolate sauce!!!!
This weekend’s Sprint Cup night race in Kentucky calls for bourbon. Obviously! So I had to make something with bourbon for this week’s Sprint Cup Snack but with my inability to drink now requires me to put a spin on things instead of just making a drink. I had been thinking about a bourbon chocolate pie but then that developed into making a Bourbon Chocolate Sauce. Ah, I could just imagine enjoying some ice cream with this chocolate sauce while watching the cars zipping around the track.
Now that I’ve made this Bourbon Chocolate Sauce I’m already scheming about what else to make to serve with this chocolate sauce. Oh man I think I need to make some waffles and drown them in this sauce. That would just be intense. And PERFECT! ha
Bourbon Chocolate Sauce
Makes about 1 cup
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons (packed) dark brown sugar
- 8 ounces bittersweet or semisweet (not unsweetened) chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the heavy cream, brown sugar, and bourbon. Stir until sugar dissolves and cream just starts to boil.
- Remove from heat, add chocolate and vanilla extract, stir until smooth.
- Serve immediately. Save extra in a heat safe, airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to a week. To reheat the sauce, heat in a microwave safe container on DEFROST for 10-20 seconds or warm slowly on the stove top.
Adapted from: Craving Chronicles