My name is Nicole. I am 28 years old. I fear thirty. I go by Nic more often than not. Call me Nicki and you are going to be ignored. I have a 9-5 job at an architecture firm that really is more like 7-6.00 I love details and construction. I cook. I bake. I design. I clean. I don’t sleep enough. I wish I lived down south. I actually wish I lived in NYC but I know that won’t ever happen. I don’t care about clothes. I try to though. I used to drive a jeep. I love beaches but never get to them enough. I have the complete series of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on DVD. Worth while investment. I love Heidi braids and high heels. I have been with my boyfriend Price for 8+ years. We have 2 rabbits and a Boston Terrier puppy. This is my place to post recipes, crafts and random musings about my life in the “Bay State”…
28 more random things about me…
1. Peridot is my favorite stone although garnet is my birth stone
2. I have 3 tattoos and plan on getting more
3. I’m from Greenwich, CT
4. I hate the cold, REALLY hate the cold, but I like snow.
5. I really like NASCAR… Go Kasey Kahne!
6. Food Network is my favorite channel
7. Tulips are my favorite flower
8. I sewed my right index finger in high school with a sewing machine and had to go to the ER to get the needle removed
9. I hate olives. All kinds.
10. I went to Greece for a college course, fell in love with everything I saw, ate, smelled, touched… I want to go back to Greece one day
11. My favorite movie is The Little Mermaid
12. Backstreet Boys was my first concert. So happy I saw them again in 2011!
13. If I had to pick just 1 way to have my eggs for the rest of my life it would be Eggs Benedict.
14. I twisted my ankle running on a treadmill in high school, fell off, hit the wall behind me, and impaled myself on the plug’s prongs. I have skillz and a scar on my back.
15. I wish I could have pink hair again… I think that would be frowned upon since I’m not in middle school anymore
16. Parallel parking is hard for me.. even in this match box sized car
17. I am a morning person and often get up at 5 and tweet with the weather guy
18. I love to label things, even our kitchen cabinets shelves (poor price- I don’t know how he puts up with me)
19. My family has two dogs that I love. Piper and Cobi (I call him Chewbacca because he sounds like him when he whines for attention)
20. I love big hoop earrings. Price calls me Snooki.
21. I have had two spinal taps (yay… I did not have bacterial meningitis!) and two blood patches to fix my side effects from that (9/2006)
22. I correct people’s grammar in my head. Okay, okay, I often say it out loud in response to TV reporters/analysts.
23. I am a salt person. Screw chocolate, pass the chips!
24. I don’t like to swim in open water. I will only swim if it is crystal clear. If it’s not clear, I will only float.
25. I have not seen Pulp Fiction, any Godfather movie, Fast Times at Ridgemont High… surprisingly I’m behind on a lot of pop culture movies.
26. I hate opening gifts in front of people. It makes me very anxious. Christmas is hell on earth for me.
27. I know all the words to Shoop!
28. I love peeps. Fresh or old and chewy.
Photography by Collin Kartchner Studios