Pigs in a Blanket are a classic hor dourves. They commonly grace plates at parties because they are easy to make, can be dressed up, and are loved by all. I felt that with New Years quickly approaching! that I had to whip of a few to celebrate a bit early since we will be traveling for New Years.
I, being a cheese lover, added cheese to my pigs in a blanket. I used Swiss cheese because it has a great flavor to stand up to the buttery crescent roll. Using sliced cheese is better than using shredded cheese because it is easier to work with and evenly portion.
Enjoy the Piggies with a dipping sauce. I prefer mustard because it goes so well with hot dogs. Since I used swiss cheese in the recipe, I suggest a Dijon mustard because it is fairly acidic and it holds up against the strong swiss.
Cheesy Pigs in a Blanket
- 1 package of cresent rolls (8 rolls)
- 6 hot dogs
- 2 slices of cheese, I suggest swiss
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut each crescent piece into 3 triangles, cut each hot dog into 4 pieces, and each slice of cheese into 12 slices. This results in 24 pieces of each ingredient.
- To assemble the pigs in a blanket, lay out a piece of crescent roll, then a piece of cheese, and then a piece of hot dog. Roll the crescent to seal.
- Arrange all pieces on baking sheets and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with mustard.
Thanks for visiting. Please leave me a comment to provide some feedback. I appreciate all the comments I receive.