When I go to Brimfield antiques fair in the summer I always get lunch at a vendor that makes Pilgrim Sandwiches. There pretty much always is a long line but they keep things moving quickly. The wait is worth it. Trust me. The sandwich is so good. How can you pass up fresh turkey, stuffing, cranberry, and mayo on a roll?!?! After getting up early, driving over an hour and walking around all morning discovering different things for the house I’m so ready for this sandwich.
Now that you are completely overwhelmed with Thanksgiving and the related leftovers you can make your own Pilgrim Sandwiches at home. Just reheat some turkey and stuffing and you are already half way there. It’s easy as 1, 2, 3!
- cranberry sauce
- string beans, optional
- Reheat the turkey and stuffing.
- Split your roll lengthwise.
- Apply mayonnaise generously to the roll. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add the warmed turkey and stuffing to the roll. Add string beans.
- Top off with cranberry sauce.