Last year I REALLY cared about the Superbowl as the Giants were playing the Patriots again. Being a Giants fan in Patriots territory is tricky but I had high hopes that the Giants would be able to beat the Patriots again, even with Patriots’ favored to win. Even if the Giants lost it would not have been that that horrible as the Giants had beat them in 2008, all the while ripping away their chance of a perfect season. But my fierce G-men won 21-17 so I did my happy danced that Sunday night and then called out of work Tuesday to attend the parade with Price and my brother. So awesome!!!
With my Giants not playing this year (boo-hoo!!) I don’t care about the Superbowl that much this year I still look forward to the game, the event, and the food. So with the Superbowl is less than 2 weeks away (which also means that we get our puppy in less than 2 weeks… but that is another story) I am starting to plan for what we will be enjoying during the game. There are so many options… nachos, chips and dip, quesadillas, chili, subway sandwiches, and much much more!
When I received my Musselman’s Apple Butter Packaged I flipped through the recipe cards and I immediately knew I had to make the Sweet and Spicy Wings. I am not a big fan of wings (just too much work!), BUT my boyfriend is. So this got me try to try something new and make him something that he would love. He really enjoyed the sweet and spicy flavor as it was not the typical buffalo wing. I made myself some chicken tenders and I loved them. I cooked them for half the time so when I went to flip the wings at the 30 minute mark I added the chicken tenders and then gave them a quick flip after they had been in their for 15 minutes. Everything was so quick and easy to assemble, however it’s not a last minute dish as it takes some time to marinate, but that planning is so worth it!!
Sweet and Spicy Wings
Makes 8 servings
- 1 cup Musselman’s Apple Butter
- 1/2 c hot sauce
- 1/2 c ketchup
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 2 pounds uncooked chicken wings (drumettes and wingettes) or tenders
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- Combine the apple butter, hot sauce, ketchup, and celery salt in a medium bowl.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of the sauce, cover and refrigerate.
- Marinate the wings by coating them with the sauce and covering the bowl. Or coat the with the sauce in a plastic zip storage bag. Refrigerate 2 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking pan (about 10×13-inch) with foil for easy clean up. Place the wings in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake the wings for 30 minutes then flip and baste with the remaining marinade. Bake for an additional 30 minutes or until wings are fork-tender.
- While baking the wings, warm the ¾ cup of reserved sauce with the melted butter and serve as a dipping sauce with wings.
Options: Substitute fresh chicken tenders for the wings- depending on the size of pieces, reduce the cooking time to 30-35 minutes total. Broil or grill instead of baking
And now the good stuff… the GIVEAWAY!
You can win a Musselman’s package including a jar of apple butter, a and recipe cards.
Leave a comment telling me what you are looking to enjoy during the Superbowl.
- Tweet: “I want to win @Musselmansapple Apple Butter Package including a serving bowl from @iamahoneybee http://wp.me/pzEAP-33Q
- Follow @Musselmanapple’s on twitter to stay in touch with them.
- Like the Musselman’s Facebook page and to stay connected.
Come back and leave a comment each time to get 3 extra entries
Contest Ends Sunday, January 27th at Midnight EST. Good luck but if you don’t win be sure to go to your jam/jelly aisle at your local grocery store and pick up a jar of Musselman’s Apple Butter!