For the loooongest time I wouldn’t drink Guinness. Not because I didn’t like it. No, it was because I thought I wouldn’t like it. I prefer wine but when I drink beer, for the most part I like a lighter flavor beer. Well, since Guinness is a dark, rich caramely color I thought that it was hoppy and I wouldn’t like it. I know, don’t judge a book but its cover!!!
Well, once I tried it I realized that it was amazing and I had been missing out. I love it since it is not hoppy- no me gusta hoppy beers- and is really smooth enjoyable beer. Guinness is a dry stout that is made with roasted unmalted barley and ultimately has a roasted coffee like flavor. Price says it’s like drinking a loaf of bread as you always feel so full afterwards. ha!
This Guinness Float is a fantastic way to enjoy the #1 exported beer from Ireland while celebrating St. Patrick’s Day!
Makes 1 float
- 12 ounce bottle of Guinness
- 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- chocolate syrup
- Put 2 generous scoops of vanilla ice cream in a glass.
- Slowly pour the beer along the side of the glass and around the ice cream.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup over the top of the float. Enjoy!