So, besides my continual summertime interest in looking up grilling recipes, right now I’m addicted to looking up great slow cooker recipes. I figure I should get somewhat prepared/ inspired, for when The Bean comes this winter. Gotta find some simple tasty meals that we can whip up instead of eating pbj or pasta 24/7 or getting take out. The Bean is costing us enough now so constant take out is out of the question anyway.
Well, I think I found a real winner that we will enjoy repeatedly when our little Bean arrives. The Crock Pot Cool Ranch Chicken from Erin’s blog Our Table for Seven was such a hit for this month’s Secret Recipe Club post. Isn’t it just the best when you come across a recipe that you really enjoy? 🙂
A recipe with 4 ingredients that takes about 2 minutes to prep is my kind of recipe. The thing that sets this apart from a typical pulled chicken recipe for tacos is the ranch seasoning. It really out the taco flavor and gives it a bit of a kick. Which, for me, meant that my taco didn’t need much added to it since the meat was so flavorful so just some arugula, tomato, and a bit of sharp cheddar.
Crock Pot Cool Ranch Chicken
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 1/4 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 envelope dry taco mix
- 1 envelope dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, perferably low-sodium
- Place the chicken in the crock pot.
- Add the taco mix, ranch dressing, and chicken broth on top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Shred the chicken, cover again, and cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve as tacos or taco salad. Enjoy!
Source: Our Table for Seven
Check out my previous Secret Recipe Club Posts
Thanks for visiting. Please leave me a comment to provide some feedback. I appreciate all the comments I receive.