We are in wedding crunch time. It is fast approaching with just 93 days between now and then. Gah!
One moment I feel great about it and then the next I think about the 80+ favors I need to make, the post-wedding breakfast that needs to be nailed down, flowers to order, gifts to pick out, shoes to pick and get dyed (do I want them dyed? I think I do?), and get a dress. Oh crap, the dress…
My sister is coming up this weekend for some wedding dress shopping. We have 2 appointments to go to on Saturday so I’m hoping to get closer to finalizing the look or even picking out a dress. I knew what look I wanted for a winter wedding, but that didn’t shake out so I don’t know what I am exactly looking for.
I wanted something simple with some sleeve but I haven’t found the right thing just yet. I know things can be adjusted but I can’t ‘see’ it yet. Plus, it’s in mid June so will I be too hot with sleeves? I really didn’t want strapless as I wanted support and to be comfortable. I just never feel that confident in a strapless dress. But I’ve never had a structured wedding dress on, so who knows?!?!
I was thinking of a tulle skirt from Etsy for a while, but I can’t figure out the top. I found a great lace one but it only came in black, champange, and red. DAMN IT! I’m not giving up the hunt though just incase I decide to go with separate pieces.
Check out our Pinterest board for the wedding. Lemme know if you have any wedding dress suggestions!
In the mean time, check out these awesome waffles. They are the perfect amount of pillowy soft, while being crisp. Plus, the lemon flavor. Oh, the lemon flavor is so intense, but without it being tart and sour. It’s bright and fresh.
And the fresh blueberry sauce is the perfect substituion from using syrup. You can’t beat fresh fruit on waffles so it’s kinda like ‘duh’! Plus lemon and blueberry goes together so well. The added lemon juice to the sauce gives it a bit of pizzazz. You’ll love this breakfast!
Lemon Ricotta Waffles with a Fresh Blueberry Sauce
Makes 6 waffles
For the Lemon Ricotta Waffles
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1/3 Cup unsalted butter
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 Cup part-skim milk ricotta cheese
- 1 1/3- 1 1/2 Cups milk
For the Blueberry Compote
- 6 ounces of blueberries
- 1/4 Cup water
- zest of 1 large lemon
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup sugar
To make the waffles
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the lemon zest and the butter, then melt over low heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg, sugar, and vanilla extract together.
- Add the melted butter, lemon juice, ricotta, and milk to the sugar mixture and mix to fully combine.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. It’s okay if it’s still lumpy.
- Preheat your waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions. Spray with nonstick spray, then ladle approximately a 1/4 Cup of batter in the center of the waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Enjoy with the blueberry sauce.
To make the Blueberry Sauce
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small sauce pan. Cook over medium-low heat until the syrup starts to thicken the berries have burst.