It’s Tuesday! How’s your week going so far?
So far, so good over here.
I’m loving work so I every day is great since I’m working on things that I love. Which sorta makes up for Autumn having a meltdown every day at daycare drop off. Ugh.
At least they told me that she partnered up with another girl and they have been insuperable during the day. Yes!
The week is busy for both of us but this upcoming weekend is going to be really busy. We have a bunch of plans including checking out the Dragon Boat festival at the community where my dad lives on Saturday. Then we have an epic trip to Ikea planned so I can get my beloved hangers. (OCD much?!?!) And there is a Strawberry Festival that I am trying to squeeze in too!
No matter how you busy yourself this weekend, you should make these Bacon and Chilies Egg Bake Tacos.
I believe that you should consume as many tacos as possible so you should start the day with tacos to do just that.
Everything about this is delicious… eggs, cheese, bacon, and chilies.
When in doubt, make tacos for breakfast.
Bacon and Chilies Egg Bake Tacos
Makes 8 tacos
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1/4 Cup diced red onion
- 4 eggs
- 1 Cup whole milk
- 1/2 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounce can of diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 16 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the bacon into 1/2 pieces. Cook over medium heat until golden brown and the fat has rendered off. Remove all but 1 Tablespoon of fat.
- Turn the heat down to low and add the diced onion. Cook for about 5 minutes, until just softened.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, shredded cheese, green chilies, salt, and pepper. Add the cooked bacon and onion to the egg.
- Pour into greased 8×8 pan. Bake for 35 minutes, or until the center of the pan is no longer jiggly.
- Slice in half and then into 4 equal segments in the other direction to create 8 pieces. Serve on warmed corn tortillas with your choice of toppings like sour cream, salsa, guacamole, hot sauce, etc.