Our one year wedding anniversary is next week!
And we’re going to Disney World!!
I am super excited about this trip together as we didn’t do a honeymoon since Autumn was 18 months then and we didn’t feel every comfortable leaving her for too long. But now she is 2 1/2 and she lives like she rules the world and only needs you to do things for her at her request. So leaving her with my mom for a few days feels right. Plus, it will just be so much fun for them. And for us.
Typically we would have picked a resort where we could have gone to the beach all day but we do that practically every weekend so we decided to head to Disney. Not flying saves us money, and it’s local enough for it just being 2 hours away. Plus, Price has never been and it’s been 20 years since I’ve been. So it’s going to be so much fun to experience it together.
Not bringing Autumn gives as a chance to enjoy things we couldn’t with a 2 year old (like seeing the fireworks at 10pm!) and gives us a chance to scope things out ahead of time so we are prepared when we bring Autumn this year.
Counting down the days until we go!!!
And counting down until I have this Mexican Street Corn again. Oh my!
Fresh corn in the summer is awesome, but corn that is covered in a cheesy mixture is so incredible. Butter is good, but this slathering sauce is so epic. The combinaion of mayo, sour cream, and feta is so stinking good. It’s creamy, tangy, and salty from the feta. Then there is the cilantro. I am gone of those people who fall in the ‘more cilantro, the better’ category so this whole thing is perfect to me.
In fact I used some leftover sauce on quesadillas. I had a moment.
I swear this Mexican Street Corn is going to be on your table all summer long!!
Grilled Mexican Street Corn (Elotes)
Makes 6 ears of corn
- 6 fresh ears of corn, shucked
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup Mexican Crema or sour cream
- 2/3 Cup finely crumbled cotija or feta cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro leaves and tender stems, plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho or guajillo chili powder, plus more for serving
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Preheat your grill with high heat by covering and let sit for at least 5 minutes.
- While grill preheats, combine the mayonnaise, crema, cheese, chili powder, garlic, and cilantro in a large bowl. Stir well until blended; set aside.
- When the grill is pre-heated, place the corn directly over the hot side of grill to cook. Rotate the corn occasionally, allowing it to charred in spots on all sides, about 8 minutes total.
- Using a large spoon or rubber brush, evenly coat the corn with the cheese mixture. Sprinkle with extra cheese, chili powder, and cilantro. Serve immediately with lime wedges.