Cider Glazed Apple Cake Mix Cookies – The simple cookie that puts you in the mood for fall. They have a yummy double dose of apple in the cookie and glaze.
Sunday night… oh, what a doozy!
In a span of 30 minutes, I dropped a bottle of hot sauce out of our fridge. Then spilled a salt shaker all over too.
The bottle was the big deal, but the salt was just insult to injury.
I opened up our fridge and the hot sauce just jumped out at me! I tried catching it, in one of those rather dramatic ways where it just bounced around in my hands and then SMASH!!! It felt like it took so long to happen, but it must have been 2 seconds.
Glass everywhere, hot sauce everywhere. Thankfully, it wasn’t full or I would have had a giant mess, only a big mess. Price tossed me flip flops since I was barefoot at the time too. The dogs and kids had to be corralled so they didn’t step in anything while I cleaned it up.
We finished getting dinner ready and were moving things outside, where we were going to eat. I grabbed the salt and pepper and the bottom fell out of that, spilling the salt al over our floor. Ugh.
I just stepped over it and ignored it because I just anted to eat dinner, before having to clean it up. Thankfully, Price tackled that and I didn’t stand over the pile of salt giving it dirty looks and muttering swears under my breath. ha!
I love making and baking up cake mix cookies.
They are so simple to make, just take a few ingredients, and can be ‘jazzed up’ in some many different ways. Add chocolate chips, add a glaze, add a filling… just about endless options.
For these Cider Glazed Apple Cake Mix Cookies, I made a simple glaze with apple cider and powdered sugar. It sets up beautifully and tastes so good.
- 1 15 ounce box of apple cake mix, I used apple caramel
- 1/2 Cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
For the Glaze
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider
- 2 Cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line the baking sheets with non-stick liners
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix with the oil and eggs. Mix well.
- Spoon the dough into 24 cookies onto the lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- While the cookies are cooling, make the glaze.
- Spoon the glaze over each cookie. Let set.
Post Contains Affiliate Links