Halloween Monster Munch Chex Party Mix is an irresistible snack mix made with Chex, chocolate, candy corn, creme pumpkins and festive sprinkles.
This post and recipe is part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! I would like to thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop, Treat Street USA and Litehouse! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Post Contains Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure HERE
Monster Munch Chex Party Mix is the perfect Halloween treat for parties. Put out a big bowl of the mix and it will be gone in a flash. No one can resist that sweet crunchy Chex mix.
We are now less than 25 days until Halloween! I can’t wait!!!
It’s time for some spooky fun and this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & it’s a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
For the 2nd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 41 fantastically talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 160 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
I’ll be sharing 2 more recipes this week, stay tuned!
Monster Munch Chex Party Mix
My friends know that when I go to their parties they better have a good party mix for me. I purposefully never eat dinner for it and skip whatever lovely spread they put out and just eat the party mix. I’m a sucker for it- sweet or salty. It’s irresistible. If it has chocolate, you better make a double batch because I’m not sharing that bowl.
I created a fun Halloween one that I know you all will love! This Monster Munch Chex Party Mix is to die for!
Now, I know you are looking at it and you’re like “But Nicole, there is candy corn in here…. I hate candy corn.” Now hear me out. I too hate candy corn, but I put it in here thinking “well, at least my family will enjoy this” as my husband and daughter like candy corn. But turns out, I loved it too. Perhaps it’s the variety of cereals and the vanilla chocolate, but I could have easily eaten the whole thing. Thank goodness for kids and neighbors.
Besides the candy corn and creme pumpkins, the sprinkles add a fun touch to the Monster Munch Chex Party Mix. I used Wilton‘s ‘Pumpkin Mix’ Sprinkles. I thought the green, black, and purple sprinkles would be so pretty. And a nice contrast to the orange and yellows from the candy corn and pumpkins.
Be sure to make this Monster Munch Chex Party Mix for your next Halloween party! The kids and adults will think it’s so good. It will be a big hit!
What kind of Chex do you use?
This party mix uses 3 kinds of Chex cereal- rice, corn, and wheat.
Is this gluten free?
No, this is not gluten free. If you need this to be gluten free, then omit the Wheat Chex Mix. Then you will will need to increase the amount of the rice and corn Chex by 1 Cup each.
How long will this last?
I mean, if you don’t eat it all instantly, it will last 2 weeks stored in an airtight container.
More Yummy Chex Mix Recipes
- 2 Cups Rice Chex cereal
- 2 Cups Corn Chex cereal
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Chex cereal
- 2 cups Cheerios cereal
- 16 ounces Vanilla Almond Bark
- 11 ounce bag candy corn
- 11 ounce bag Marshmallow Crème Pumpkins
- Approximately 4 ounces of Halloween sprinkles (I used 3.88 ounces Wilton Halloween Sprinkles)
- In a very large mixing bowl, combine the Chex and Cheerios cereals. Spread out on the parchment paper lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Melt the almond bark according to the instructions on the packaging.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the cereal. Mix well.
- Add the candy corn and creme pumpkins, mix again.
- Evenly sprinkle the sprinkles over the party mix.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving
Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Chocolate Candy Witch Cauldrons from Big Bear’s Wife
- Candy Corn Fudge from Fake Ginger
- Candy Corn Layer Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Candy Corn Cookie Bars from 4 Sons R Us
- Halloween Potato Eyes from Pastry Chef Online
- Monster Munch Chex Party Mix from I am a Honey Bee
- Gluten Free Chocolate Monster Cookies from Frugal & Fit
- Caramel Sprinkle Baked Donuts from Cookaholic Wife
- Ghostly Popcorn Balls from Our Good Life
- Hocus Pocus Spell Book Brownies from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mummy Cake Pops from Jen Around the World
- Zombie Chocolate Donuts from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Black Cauldron Bubbly Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Boolicious Caramel Chocolate Covered Fruit from Everyday Eileen
- Jack-o-Lantern Candy Bark from Sweet Beginnings
- Caramel Apple Blossoms from For the Love of Food
- Monster Marshmallows from Shockingly Delicious
- Halloween Muddy Buddies from Back To My Southern Roots
- Mummy Crinkle Cookies from Creative Southern Home
- Sally’s Sugar Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Eyeball Thumbprint Cookies from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Eye of Newt Halloween Wands from Who Needs A Cape?
- Halloween Brownie Pudding Parfait from Desserts Required
- Halloween No Bake Cheesecake from Lemon Blossoms
- Halloween Dipped Ice Cream Cones from West Via Midwest
- Pumpkin Soup with Savory Spices and Roasted Pumpkin Seeds from Nancie’s Table
- Halloween Stuffed Chocolate Whoopie Pies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Death by Chocolate Dessert Ball from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Jack o Lantern Bundt Cake from The Redhead Baker
- Frankenstein Cupcake Cake from Jonesin’ For Taste
- Chocolate Truffle Pumpkin Spider Cake from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Spooky Sprinkled Brownies from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Candy Charcuterie Board from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Monster Buttermilk Pancakes from Katie’s Cucina
- Sugar Skull Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Mummy Meringue Pops from My Sweet Zepol
- Halloween Hidden Bat Loaf Cat from Savory Moments
- Vegan Halloween Cookies & Cream Fault Line Cake from The Baking Fairy
- Halloween Corn Chip Dessert Bars from Intelligent Domestications
- Oogie Boogie Meringue Cupcakes from A Blender Mom
- Smores Ghost Brownies from Books n’ Cooks
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 7th – October 13th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away a “Dinner and Dessert Set” – ONE 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker, a Pyrex mixing bowl set plus some fun Dixie Crystals items like a Dixie Crystal Apron and Cookbook!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Peppermint, 1.5oz Almond, 1 bottle vanilla cinnamon sugar, 1 bottle pumpkin pie spice
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Texturra 7-Piece Bakeware Set
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away a large baking box of goodies! Sweets and Treats will send one lucky winner a large assortment of sprinkles and lines and other samples of their products!
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a set of Holiday Treat Decorations (1 Gummy Assortment, 1 Marshmallow Snowman, 1 Toy Solider and 1 Gingerbread Men)
Prize # 6– Litehouse is giving away the following: 1 Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider, 1 Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel & 1 Litehouse® Chocolate Dip, Snack Packs