Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Pudding Cookies – A soft tender chocolate cookie with pudding and peanut butter chips in the mix.
If you love really soft cookies then you will love these cookies that have chocolate pudding mix in the dough. The combination of chocolate and peanut butter makes them irresistible.
Post Contains Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure HERE
I can’t believe that August starts tomorrow. Hip Hip Hooray!!!
The summer has been going well with us staying busy with lots of cleaning, days at the pool, doing lots of Girl Scout badges, and doing socially distant activities. We have been doing a lot of local adventures, like hikes too. So much fun!
We are staying busy but my poor planner is basically just a book for doodling and grocery shopping lists. One thing always on my list is pudding. Pudding cookies are the best so I always need to be prepared to make them when a craving hits.
Chocolate Pudding Cookies with Peanut Butter Chips
My daughter proclaimed that these are her favorite cokies.
I mean, she sorta says that all the time when I make cookies, but she honestly has been having me make these all the time since I first started to make them.
The cookie itself is subtly chocolate with the chocolate pudding mix added into the cookie dough. Then you add in yummy chocolate chip and peanut butter chips- the perfect pair!
To get started, beat together the butter and sugars until light in color and fluffy in texture.
Then add in the pudding mix. Once that is evenly Incorporated add in the eggs and vanilla extract.
Add in the flour and baking soda until just combined.
Lastly, add in the peanut butter and chocolate chips to the dough.
Roll into 36 golf ball sized cookies. Let chill for at least an hour before baking.
Bake the cookies at 350F for 8-12 minutes. They will be just set in the center. Let them sit on the cookie sheet for just a few minutes to set up before moving. Don’t leave them on there or they will over cook!
You’ll enjoy making a batch of these Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Pudding Cookies because once you try them you’ll proclaim their ability to uplift your mood and bring you joy. Yum!
What are pudding cookies?
Pudding cookies are simply cookies with pudding mix in the dough. You don’t add pudding to the dough, just the mix. It does this sort of magical thing to make them soft and tender. Perfection!
Can I freeze these cookies?
Absolutely! I typically only bake a few cookies when I make a batch of cookies so I roll them into the balls, freeze on a cutting board, then remove to a plastic bag.
I then bake them directly from the freezer. Because I am baking a frozen ball of cookie dough, I will cook it for 10- 14 minutes. The center tends to be extra ooey and gooey when you bake them from frozen- yum!
- 2 1/4 Cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 Cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1 3.9 ounce package of instant chocolate pudding
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces (1 Cup) peanut butter chips
- 6 ounces (1 Cup) semi sweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, sift together flour and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer fit with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat the pudding mixture into the butter mixture. Then incorporate the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture until just combined. Add in the peanut butter chips and the chocolate chips.
- Roll 36 equal sized cookies (approximately golf ball sized). Let chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350F. Line cookie sheets with non-stick baking sheets then place
- Bake for 8-12 minutes- until just set in the center. Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to completely cool.
The cookies don't spread much, so you can easily get 10-12 cookies on a large cookie sheet
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 104mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g