I believe that we have a superhero in each of us.
We all have special abilities to help others, to save the day, to be someone’s hero.
It might be simple or it might be a spectacular thing. Maybe just getting someone an afternoon coffee when they are having a rough day. Or slipping a note in your kid’s lunch box on a day when they are nervous about a test. Or maybe it’s helping your friend pay for groceries when they are short that month. It can be little, it can be grand, but we all have great kindness and superhero powers in us.
I think that is why we love all the comic books, tv shows, and movies featuring superheros. Plus, they are flashy and fun! Man, those special effects are awesome.
I can’t wait to see all the little kids dressed up as their favorite superheros this upcoming weekend for Halloween!!
This brand spankin’ new Avengers Waffle Iron from Select Brands is so fun! It’s wonderful for the kid in all of us!
I now have 7 waffle irons so I believe I am a waffle iron aficionado. And I gotta say that this one is AWESOME! It’s a well made waffle iron with a metal stop that features the 4 Avengers characters- Iron Man, The Hulk, Captain America, and Thor. There are 4 different waffle designs, 1 for each character. My personal favorite is Captain America’s Star. But my favorite thing is the heating control as you can make your waffle light or dark. A really nice feature on this fun waffle iron!
So I gotta tell you this is a great red velvet waffle recipe. I tried others and this produces the best slightly chocolatey, slightly tart soft waffle. It’s not crisp like other waffle recipes I’ve made before, but I think that is so great as red velvet is a dessert so these are light and fluffy like cake. They are a soft, spongy cake like waffle.
I went traditional with the cream cheese drizzle as red velvet cake is often paired with a cream cheese frosting. They are best friends. This cream cheese drizzle kicks some maple syrup butt!
You can easily switch these up to make them green or blue or purple to make up to your favorite Avenger’s character!! So fun. Just switch out the red food coloring and add in the one you desire to have your super hero loving waffle eater be in Avengers’ bliss.
Queue up your favorite Avenger’s movie and dig right in!
Red Velvet Waffles with a Cream Cheese Drizzle
Makes 8 waffles
For the Waffles
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons red food coloring
- 2 Cup flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3- 3/4 Cup buttermilk
For the cream cheese drizzle
- 4 oz light cream cheese
- 2 Cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tablespoons whole milk
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Beat in the eggs and red food coloring.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet. Also, add the 2/3 Cup buttermilk. Add more buttermilk as needed to create a somewhat thick smooth batter- it will be thicker than a pancake batter.
- Spray preheated waffle plates with non stick spray. Pour about 1/3- 1/2 Cup of the batter onto the center of each section of the waffle iron. Cook according to the waffle iron’s instructions. Remove to a wire rack in a warm (200 degrees) oven while you finish making the rest of the waffles.
- While waffles are cooking, beat the cream cheese until soft and fluffy. Slowly mix in the powdered sugar, until well combined. Add the vanilla extract and 2 Tablespoons milk. If you would like
- Serve your waffles hot and with a generous helping of the cream cheese drizzle. Enjoy!
Waffle Recips Adapted from Hun… What’s for Dinner?
While I received the waffle maker from Select Brands, all opinions are my own.
And now the GIVEWAY!!!!
I have another awesome giveaway from Select Brands!! We’re partnering up this year and I’m so excited about it!
We want you to be able to make these fun Avengers’ Waffles so be sure to enter to win this brand new 4 waffle Avengers’ Waffle Maker ($49.99).
The waffles look so cool, my little brother would love them! I am saving the cream cheese drizzle recipe, it can even be used for red velvet pancakes.
exactly! the cream cheese drizzle would be great on pancakes too!