Let’s talk The Handmaid’s Tale!!!
I am addicted. Seriously addicted. I have watched and re-watched the available 5 episodes. And I am counting down until the new episode is released on Wednesday.
The storytelling is amazing, the acting is incredible, the costumes are well developed… I could go on and on. It’s scarily so well thought out and horribly believable. It gives me chills watching it.
Insist that you watch it.
Then you must come back here and tell me what you think!!!
I also insist that you make these Mini Lemon Blueberry Monkey Bread Muffins
Autumn inhaled 2 of them after eating her dinner. I guess she liked them. She even ate one while getting a bath. (Of course, I had to snap this to Amanda as ongoing documentation of the weird stuff my kid eats while in the tub- previous to this it’s been buttered french bread, pasta, and cous cous- clearly she likes carbs!)
I honestly was surprised since they are a bit tart from the lemon in the muffin and the lemony glaze but the gobbled them right up. She is a big fan of blueberries so they were right up her alley.
I hope that you enjoy them just as much as we all did too.
Mini Lemon Blueberry Monkey Bread Muffins
Makes 12 ‘muffins’
For the muffins
- 1 can of buttermilk biscuits (8 pack, 16.3oz)
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 Cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoons butter, melted
For the glaze
- 1 1/2 Cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray the cavities of a muffin tin.
- Cut each biscuit into 10-12 small pieces.
- Combine the sugar and zest. Add the pieces to the sugar mixture to coat them. Add about 2/3 of the biscuit pieces to the muffin tin cavities, add the blueberries, top off with the remaining biscuit pieces.
- Evenly pour the melted butter into each muffin cavity.
- Bake for 18- 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes prior to removing.
- Combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice to make a glaze. Drizzle over the warm muffins and enjoy!