How ready are you for the holidays? Be honest.
I’m like ‘woooo, I’m all set.’ And then I realize that I didn’t actually buy gifts for anyone other than Autumn. Wonderful.
I think at this rate I will get everyone’s gifts purchased, wrapped up, and shipped by Valentine’s Day. #theworst.
At least I remember to move that damn elf every day. Granted one morning I moved it at 3.15 and another at 4.35. Maybe I am sleeping so poorly because Sprinkles the elf is haunting my dreams.
Maybe I can just gift everyone cookies for Christmas. I mean, I’ll be baking tons of them as it is. And these are some awesome cookies!
I love peanut butter in cookies but sometimes peanut butter cookies are just too much. They are so great but can be rather intense and rich, but the standard chocolate chip cookie base with some Reese’s Pieces mixed in. It’s just the perfect amount of peanut butter. I won’t tell if you sneak one right off the cooling rack!
Be sure to bake up a batch for Santa. And don’t forget about another batch for yourself!
Reese’s Pieces Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 24 Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Cream together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in Reese’s Pieces and chocolate chips.
- Chill for 1 hour prior to baking.
- Portion 24 cookies on the baking sheets (you may need to bake in batches).
- BAKE for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes prior to removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Adapted from Tollhouse