“I’ve Gone Batty” Halloween Brownies are the fun Halloween treat that will have you flapping your wings with joy! Fun for kids of all ages!
This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Our daughter is OBSESSED with Vampirina at the moment.
It’s a cute Disney Jr show that features Vee, a young vampire who is adjusting to her move from Transylvania to Pennsylvania. Only a few friends know she is a vampire. She can’t get “Batty!” or she will turn into a bat and her secret will be known.
We are going the Hauntley family for Halloween. Autumn will be Vee, with her cute little costume that she wore to Disney recently. She got to dance with Vee at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. Pure bliss!!! Anyway, I will be her mom, Oxana, and Price will be her day, Boris. Hunter is going to be Demi, the ghost. We actually wore our costumes to disney, but it was sooooo melt your face off hot then, that we had our modified costumes on. But for Halloween, we will get it all together and be the most awesome Hauntley family ever!
She also has told us she wants to have a Vampirina themed birthday party for her upcoming birthday, in November. So, I have been on a mission to find really cute ways at decorating for her party. Purple table clothes, lots of bats, black and purple streamers, and plenty of vampire teeth to have in goodie bags. I feel like I have that locked down, but I am now on a mission for creative foods and drinks to serve at her party.
Of course, Pinterest is a great resource for finding yummy food and drinks. I always get inspired when I am looking on there.
Such is the case with these fun brownies that I created to look like bats. And, they were a big hit, since she loved these “I’ve Gone Batty” Halloween Brownies. I have a feeling that your kids will too!
For me, I love how these Batty Halloween Brownies are just so adorable! Plus, how simple they are to do. The halved Oreo Cookies make the perfect wings and the candy eyeballs are the perfect finishing tough for the cute brownies.
These “I’ve Gone Batty” Halloween Brownies are great for Halloween bake sales or when you just want to make a fun special treat for the kids. When I love best about these brownies is that you don’t need anything special for them. You don’t even need a cookie cutter for them. While I love cute cookie cutters, I am all about ease. I made them with my favorite brownie recipe, but you can make them even simpler than that with boxed brownie mix.
Then it’s just a few more steps to take them from your average brownie to bat-tastic ones. They are so easy to make that Autumn got to help me make them.
Plus, it just takes a few special ingredients. The candy eyeballs from Wilton are so perfect for these brownies, and so many other fun Halloween treats.
We hope that both vampires and kids enjoy these fun batty brownies. They are quite spook-tactular!
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, divided
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 + Oreos
- 1 ounce white chocolate
- candy eyes, like
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×13 baking pan by generously buttering/spraying with non-stick cooking spray the bottom and sides
- In a large microwavable safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and the butter together, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted and combined.
- Add the cocoa powder and sugar, mixing completely.
- Add in the beaten eggs and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the flour and salt, to gently incorporate.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center is clean upon removal.
- Let cool prior to cutting into 24 equally sized pieces, by slicing the brownies into 3 rows along the 9" side of the pan and then 8 along the 13" side of the pan.
- Separate the Oreos, scrape the filling from them. Cut in half creating half moon pieces. Stick into the center of the brownies creating the bat wings.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave on half power, stir every 30 seconds. Pour into a sandwich bag, cut a very tiny piece off of the corner of the bag. Squeeze the melted chocolate out onto the brownie in front of the Oreo cookies. Place 2 eyes in the melted chocolate, let set.
Post contains affiliate links
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Melting Witch Poke Cake from Big Bear’s Wife
- Zombie Pudding Cups from Mrs Happy Homemaker
- Halloween Sprinkle Cookies from Daily Dish Recipes
- Frozen Frankenstein Pudding Pops from Kudos Kitchen
- Red Velvet Marble Cake with Bloody Red Ganache from The Baking Fairy
- Ghostly Gooey Dip from Who Needs A Cape?
- Macaron with Candy Corn Buttercream from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cauldron Cakes from The Redhead Baker
- Monster Bark from Savory Experiments
- Chocolate Covered Pretzel Monster Bites from Katie’s Cucina