During some recent shopping trips, I have come across M&M’s holiday flavored candies. I picked up all the varieties I saw and started to look up different recipes that I could use with the M&M’s candies. So far my favorites are the cheery cordials to eat and the mint to bake with, but i’m just getting started.
One of my coworkers makes the most unbelievable chocolate chocolate chip cookies. I decided that I would make something similar but instead of loading it up with chocolate chips I would add in the mint m&m’s. Having made chocolate chocolate chip cookies in the past I decided that could wing it and see how it would come out. The first time worked out well but I did not add any chocolate chips, only the m&m’s and I didn’t feel that was enough so I made them again and added in some chips. Much better! I love the mint and chocolate combo so these cookies are ones I would actually eat. I ate 2- very usual for me!
Chocolate Chocolate Mint Cookies
*makes 2 dozen 2 1/2″ cookies*
- 2 1/2 Cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon backing soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 9.9 oz bag of mint m&m’s
- Preheat oven to 375 and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Wisk the flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder in a bowl to combine. Set aside.
- Combine the butter and sugars in bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the sugar mixture and beat until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix until a dough as formed.
- Once the dough has combined add in the chocolate chips and continue to mix.
- Using a spoon, gently mix in the m&m’s until evenly combined.
- Scoop the dough out and mix into 1 1/4″ balls by hand.
- Place the balls on the cookie sheets with plenty of room to allow spread.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove cookie sheets from oven when the center of the cookie is still soft to the touch. Let cool and set up for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet prior to removing.