My candy stash is getting out of control. I’m trying to use them up so I can buy more, obviously. Lately my focus has been M&M’s candies. M&M’s are awesome in general, but lately they have been coming up with great flavor combinations. Cinnamon M&M’s are great in oatmeal cookies and coconut are just great for snacking. I was a little puzzled with what to do with some pretzel M&M’s that I had.
The best thing to do is to start browsing Pinterest for ideas. There are so many great ideas at your finger tips. All of those great desserts gave me so many different ideas. In the end I decided that I would make a peanut butter cookie and add the pretzel M&M’s. Pretzels and peanut butter are a great combo and peanut butter and chocolate is a great combo, and well basically it would all come together nicely.
I made a special trip to my construction site just to bring some to one of my site supervisors. He is moving on to another project next week and I am crushed. We have worked together on this project for over a year. It’s to the point when we pick up each other’s phone calls we are really understand the real meaning of the call even when we can’t say it. Ahh never ending construction stress. So the next 3 months of the project will be tough but I’m just glad that I enjoyed the last 15 months of early mornings, long conference calls, and plenty of hilarious hair pulling situations that have resulted in some great boozy lunches. So in thanks I will be bringing him some treats featuring peanut butter, since it is his favorite.
Giant Peanut Butter and Pretzel M&M’s Cookies
Makes 16 3-inch cookies
- 2 stick of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of crunchy peanut butter
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 9.9 ounce bag of pretzel M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract until blended. Mix the peanut butter until completely incorporated. Add the flour until just blended. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the M&M’s candies.
- Drop very large scoops of dough, approximately 1/4 cup, onto the parchment paper leaving plenty of room between the cookies to allow for spreading.
- Bake cookies until the edges are starting to brown and the cookies have set, approximately 18 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 2 minutes on the baking sheet prior to removing to cool on a wire rack.