When I was growing up I used to go to sleep away camp at Camp Hazen. I have some of my best memories from the fun times I had during the 30 weeks I spent at camp over 5 years. It was such a blast with swimming, horse back riding (the horse I rode was named Cadallic), playing round of the cup game in the mess hall, eating fresh baked bread, and staying up way too late. I won’t even get into the time my friend and I got in trouble for dying our hair there! Endless amounts of fun, which was often focused around the campfire singing J J Coolay and doing skits. Other great things to do around a campfire is to roast marshmallows, make s’mores, ‘bake’ orange cakes, and make campfire banana splits. So I combined s’mores and campfire banana splits to make these s’mores campfire banana splits.
Sadly, I was not sitting on a log around a campfire when I made these S’mores Campfire Banana Splits. I made these in the oven but you can easily make them on your grill after dinner. They are so simple but so good. Which is perfect for the kid in all of us.
S’mores Campfire Banana Splits
- 2 bananas
- 2 fudge covered graham crackers
- 2 dozen mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven or grill to 425 degrees. Prepare 2 pieces of aluminum foil (approx 12″x12″) by spraying with cooking spray.
- Slice each banana peel length wise. Carefully open the banana peel and slice the banana diagonially and lenthwise. Spread out the banana with your knife.
- Stuff broken peices of 1 graham cracker and a dozen mini marshmallows in each banana.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the marshmallows have melted. Carefully unwrap and enjoy!!