You know that old Youtube video called “David after the Dentist, and how it’s just the funniest thing ever. Well, I had my own special animal version of that the other night.
So our dog Kemper had to go to the vet yesterday for a yearly exam and dental cleaning. They knock him out for his dental exam so when I picked him up he was all doped up still. He normally comes barreling out of the back all excited to see us, but this time he was carried out and when he saw me he almost lick/bit/headbutted me. So uncoordinated.
I put him down twice outside to pee before getting in the car but he just stood there was droopy head like “Lady, not happening.” Then in the car he kept falling over when he was trying to sit up so most of the time I was telling him to just lay down. He couldn’t even hold his head up all the way. Oh my goodness so funny and cute.
At home, he did manage to go to the bathroom but almost fell over doing so. Ha! He was basically out of the night but was back to his normal nutty self the next morning. At least we had some mellowness and fun for a few hours.
Anyway, it’s Waffle Wednesday and its S’mores Week so of course I’d have to make a S’mores Waffle. #duh
And since I’m focusing on Puffles (waffles made with puff pastry) this month, it’s a S’mores Puffle Waffle. It’s so awesome.
I attempted these once before with chocolate chips and marshmallows inside but it failed miserably. The chocolate didn’t melt evenlt throughout so you’d never get consistent chocolate flavor in every bite. The worst part were those dang marshmallows. They just melted from the heat of the waffle iron and busted out for an escape. So no marshmallows inside the puffle any longer and just a disgusting mess for me to clean up in the waffle iron.
But this way is so much better!!! Hooray!!!
The chocolate is spread evenly throughout so you get nice chocolately bite after chocolately bite. The marshmallow Fluff on top gets nice and melty on top from the warmth of the puffle. Lastly, the graham crackers pieces add nice pops of flavor.
Enjoy the crunch for the puffle waffle with each bite and savor the S’mores flavors as you take a big bite!
S’mores Puffle Waffles
Makes 8 puffles, 4 servings
- 1 17.5 ounce box of puff pastry (preferably, all-butter)
- 4 hearty spoonfuls of Nutella, plus more for drizzling
- 4 hearty spoonfuls of marshmallow Fluff
- 2 graham crackers, broken into small pieces
- Thaw the puff pastry according to the instructions on the box. (Typically 40 minutes at room temperature prior to use)
- Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured work surface to be 12″ x 12″. Work the dough to eliminate the seams. Cut the dough into 4 equal sized pieces. Score each piece in half.
- Leaving 1/2″ boarder, spread a heaping spoonful of Nutella on half of each piece.
- Fold the other half of the puff pastry over the filling, crimp the edges to seal the Nutella inside the pastry dough.
- Repeat with the other sheet of puff pastry dough to make the other 4 puffles.
- Preheat your waffle iron at this point. Place the puffle dough on the waffle iron. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown. The dough should no longer be expanding and puffing up when you open the waffle iron.
- Gently remove, and place on a cooling rack until ready to serve the puffles.
- Plate 2 puffles, drizzle some warmed marshmallow Fluff and Nutella on the puffles. Sprinkle with the pieces of graham cracker pieces. Enjoy!!
Now aren’t you just dying to sink your teeth into these Raspberry White Chocolate S’mores that Amanda at Fake Ginger has made for you!!
The combo of flavors sounds amazing. And since there is fruit in the recipe it’s totally healthy, so feel free to eat a bunch of them!
And in case you missed our delightful S’mores recipes we have already shared!
S’mores Muddy Buddies & S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies
S’mores Pancakes & S’mores Rice Krispie Treats