**HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!**
I’ve had such a productive week. It feels so damn good to get things done and handled. My to do list is never ending so this week has taken a nice chunk off my shoulders. Check this out.
I’ve had a broken DSLR for about 2 years. I hit the screen with something and it stopped working. Nice big smashed up pixeled smash there. But it still took photos so I just dealt with it. But then it just stopped taking photos. Crap. (notice the crapy photos lately? hey point and shoot…) Well, I treated myself to a new Nikon D5200 on Saturday. I’ve only just starting to play around with it but I’m already so happy with it. Ahhh bliss.
Then just because I was spending lots of money already I threw a Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity + Sleep Wristband in the mix on Saturday. Ugh. but I seriously love it. For Saturday and Sunday I made no changes to my routine to see where I would fall with hitting the 10,000 step daily goal. Ooph! Not so good, so this has really helped me get up and moving. Yesterday I hit 16,874 steps. 🙂
We haven’t done much wedding planning stuff but now that it’s less than a year away we figure we should get our act together and cross things off the list. We started to look into wedding photographers and were getting quotes that we just couldn’t afford (hello, Berkshires wedding!). But things all fell into place and we ‘found’ a great photographer and scooped her up for the wedding weekend. How could I forget about my fellow BAC and Avalon Building warrior turned photographer?! Duh! We are going to be in such good hands with Danielle shooting our wedding!
Lastly, I called Royal Caribbean about the cruise we are planning for my 30th birthday in January. The representative was super helpful with all the questions I had (can we book a large family ocean view room- no, not enough people. do you provide pack and plays- yes, for no extra charge) so we’re going to book our cruise this weekend. Can’t wait!!!!
Now I can focus on some fun things like pies. Bring on my candy themed pie month!!!
I picked Twix candy bars to use in my first candy pie. I love Twix bars. Plus, they come with 2 in a package. Even better.
This is a simple pie to make. Just make an Oreo cookie crust and a quick candy filled cheesecake filling that you bake. Once it’s all cooled, you top off with a brunch of goodies. But Nicole, what if I don’t have have a food processor or time? Then just grab a premade Oreo cookie crust. I won’t judge. You just need to make this pie- no matter what!
This is such a fun pie. It combines an Oreo crust with a creamy cheesecake filling that is studded with chopped up pieces of Twix Bars. But no, it doesnt stop there. It’s then topped off with more chopped up Twix bars and a caramel and chocolate sauce drizzle. Grab a fork and a slice.
And brace yourself for next week. I’m so bringing it!
Twix Bar Cheesecake Pie
Makes a 9″ pie
For the Crust:
- 20 Oreo cookies (with creme filling)
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
For the Filling:
- 2 (8-ounce) packages of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 16 chopped Twix Mini Candy Bars (2 cups total)
For the Topping:
- chocolate syrup
- caramel syrup
- 6 chopped Twix Mini Candy Bars
- Prepare the crust, place the Oreos in the bowl of a food processor (or carefully crush in a double bagged zippered plastic bag while using a rolling in). Combine the crushed Oreos with the butter. Using your fingers, press the cookie crust into the 9-inch pie dish. Let chill in the freezer for about 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Using a stand mixer or a handheld electric mixer, beat the cream cheese with the sugar and eggs until mixture is smooth. Stir in chopped Twix bars. Pour into the frozen pie crust.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the middle is set. Let the pie completely cool.
- When pie has completely cooled, drizzle with the chocolate syrup and the caramel syrup and garnish with more chopped Twix bars. Chill until firm.
Sourced from Recipe Boy