Can we talk about how freaking cute waffle irons are?
Oh, man, my Amazon wish list is insane with waffle irons. Big Belgian beauties. This one makes bubbled shaped waffles. Or how about a Mini Waffle Maker. And this one that makes hearts. Adorable! Oh, and this one makes Waffle Sticks– perfect for dunking!
This is gonna be a problem. A delicious problem.
Price gifted me some fun goodies from Sperry for Valentine’s Day, but when we were out shopping I gifted myself Heart Waffle Iron that I picked up from Crate and Barrel. I couldn’t resist a sale. Score!!!
We always have bananas in the house as Autumn loves them, but she will eat anywhere from 1 bite to a whole banana in a sitting so sometimes we run out or have a bunch of super ripe ones left, depending on her mood that week. And sure enough, we had a bunch of bananas when I was trying to figure out what waffle t make up next. It was like they were calling my name, I just had to use them. But since I recently did a Banana Bread Waffle, I wanted to change it up so I made these gluten free.
These waffles are great if you are gluten free or not. The texture is light from the whipped egg whites. Plus the flavor is reminiscent of banana bread from the banana, vanilla, and cinnamon in the batter.
A real winner for your next waffle breakfast.
Gluten Free Banana Bread Waffles
Makes 7 heart waffles
- 1/2 Cup melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 Cups almond flour
- 1/2 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- butter, chopped nuts, fruit, and syrup for serving
- Melt enough coconut oil to equal 1/2 Cup.
- Combine the almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Beat together the bananas and sugar until fluffy. Add the 3 egg yolks and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Fold in the egg whites until there are no more streaks
- Preheat you waffles iron. Spray with non-stick cooking spray or rub with papertowel that has coconut oil on it. Scoop a 1/2 Cup of batter into the waffle iron and cook according to the waffle maker’s instructions.
- Serve warm with butter and syrup and your choice of nuts and fruit.
Post contains affiliate links.