I savor every day that is nice out. In fact our windows and doors are open now so I can enjoy the breeze and warm afternoon temps. We’ll just ignore the fact that I just let a ton of flies in, shall we…
My Dad rented a house on Cape Cod or all of our families to go to for a week in August for his 75th birthday. I can’t wait!! It will be awesome to have everyone together to hang for the week. The cousins will all get play and swim at the beach and in the pool, which is going to be so much fun for all of them. Plus, it will just be so nice for the family to be together. I think it’s been 15 years since my bother, sister, and I all took a vacation together. I am really looking forward to that lazy week in August.
And I swear I am going to pack my waffle irons so I can make all the cousins breakfast every morning. No really, I propably will. ha!!
I am just so hooked on waffles!!! And why shouldn’t I be?!?!? They are so awesome!!!
Exclamation points!!!! LOTS OF THEM!!!!
I think all the kids are gonna love when I bring my Mini Babycakes Waffle Sticks Maker since it makes fun waffle sticks that they can dunk into syrup. They are fun for kids of all ages as Autumn can easily grab them with her little toddler hands. And I swear the biger boys will enjoy that they are perfect for an on-the-go breakfast so they can play outside.
Plain waffle strips getting dunked in maple syrup us awesome, but I wanted to create a jazzed up, super fun recipe so I created this Banana and Bacon Waffle with a Peanut Butter Sauce for dunking.
Yep! I was inspired by Elvis’ favorite sandwich! He loved peanut butter, banana, and bacon sandwiches. So I made these waffles sticks using those ingredients. I think The King would approve of these sweet, and yet slightly smokey, waffles with the luscious peanut butter sauce. Oh man, that peanut butter sauce is to die for.
The waffles sticks come out stuck together, but you just need to snip them apart with your kitchen shears to break apart the 4 waffle sticks. As well, they will come out a wee bit soft from the waffle maker, but they crisp up in just a few minutes when you place them on a wire baking rack.
Now don’t freight if you don’t have this awesome waffle sticks maker, you can use a square or circular waffle iron and just stack up your waffles and drizzle the peanut butter sauce over the waffles when serving them. But I think the Mini Babycakes Waffle Sticks Maker makes for the cutest waffle dunkers.
If The King was still alive I swear he would be singing the praises of these waffles. Definitely not singing the blues here!
Elvis’ Favorite Waffle Dunkers
Makes 48 Waffle Dunkers/12 waffles
For the waffles
- 6 ounces bacon
- 12 ounces butter
- 3 large very ripe bananas
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Cups flour
- 1/2 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 Cups buttermilk
For the peanut butter dunking sauce
- 3/4 Cup heavy cream
- 3/4 Cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup light corn syrup
- pinch of salt
- Cut up the bacon into small pieces, no bigger than 1/4″ wide. Cook until golden brown. Remove from the skillet and place on paper towels.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat together the bananas and sugar. Once combined add the eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract, beat well.
- Add 1/2 of the flour mixture to the banana mixture, gently mix. Add half of the milk and mix to incorporate. Repeat with the remaining flour mixture and milk. Add in cooked bacon and mix to thoroughly incorporated.
- Cook in your preheated Mini Babycakes Waffle Sticks Maker until golden brown and crisp. Place on a wire rack to cool and crisp up.
- Prepare the peanut butter dunking sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until it has reached a boil. Turn down the heat slightly and mix thoroughly. Let simmer for 3 minutes to thicken. Serve warm with the waffle sticks.
While I received the waffle maker from Select Brands, all opinions are my own.
And now the GIVEWAY!!!!
I am kicking off my awesome partnership with Select Brands by giving away a Mini Babycakes Waffle Sticks Maker. In fact, for the next 2 weeks I am sharing fun dunkable waffle recipes and will be giving away waffle makers then as well. Three awesome recipes, three awesome giveaways in the month of May. Awesome!!
So let’s kick things off this week with this Select Brands Mini Babycakes Waffle Sticks Maker giveaway!
Follow the instructions HERE!!