I stayed up way too late watching the Democratic National Convention.
The same thing could be said every night last week when I watched the Republican National Convention.
I need to catch up on sleep soon.
I just get sucked into the speakers and before I know it, it was super late and I make a mental note that I would have to get myself a big coffee on my way into the office.
Thankfully, I’ll get to catch up on some sleep this weekend, post convention watching, as my mom is taking Autumn for the weekend.
We planned on my mom taking Autumn so that Price could do a final cram session for his his first Architectural Registration Exam (ARE’s) on Monday and I had a deadline on Monday. My deadline was bumped so now I have some free time now… crazy!!!! So now I think I will get to sleep, get to spinning, and do some great cooking and baking.
I think I will need to make another batch of this soup this weekend.
This black bean soup could not be easier! Let the beans soak over night, cook the beans, then blend, and enjoy!
I used vegetable broth in the soup, making it vegan. You can use a chicken broth, but I would not suggest beef broth as I feel it is too robust of a flavor and would overpower the beans.
It’s filling and packed with protein so you will be full after having this black bean soup.
This healthy, simple black bean soup will have so satisfied. Go, grab yourself a bowl!!
Black Bean Soup
Makes 6-8 servings
- 1/2 pound black beans
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 Cups vegetable broth, at room temperature
- salt and pepper
- Mexican crema or sour cream
- topping: slices of jalepano, cilantro, shredded cheese, etc
- Place beans in a very large bowl, cover with 2″ of water. Let sit over night, at least 4-6 hours.
- Drain and rinse the beans.
- In a large pot, cook the beans, pepper, onion, and 3 Cups of water for about 60 minutes over medium heat. The beans will be simmering and absorb the water. Add more water to prevent the beans from drying out.
- Once the beans are tender, pour into a blender or a food processor, slowly add in the vegetable broth and blend until the soup is smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with Mexican crema or sour cream and desired toppings.
You must be logged in to post a comment.