I am learning the weather here in Tampa Bay is cray cray.
I swear you never know if it’s going to be sunny, rainy, or whatever. The weather changes on a dime. I’m used to that with Boston, to some degree, since the weather there did the same, but it’s a whole different beast down here.
Just yesterday, I took the dogs out for an afternoon walk. It was cloudy, but nothing concerning, so I didn’t think much of it. Wrong…
Thankfully I only planned on doing a 1.25 mile loop with the dogs. It started sprinkling after .8 miles and really started dumping at the mile point. I had to run back with the dogs who don’t love rain BUT are easily distracted with geckos so while running they were still trying to catch geckos, who were fleeing from the rain themselves. I’m sure it was hilarious to watch. Actually, I know it was since a neighbor was standing on her covered porch watching the rain roll in and cracking up at us running down the road.
Price was actually so concerned that he left in the car to get us. We were on a rolling running in the rain so I just waved at him and kept going. He looked at me like I was nuts. What else is new?!?!
Never a dull moment.
At least we were able to come home and lounge while watching the NASCAR race. A nice relaxing Sunday afternoon. Plus, I was able to make a healthy Sunday dinner for us to all enjoy. The perfect end to the day and weekend.
Let’s be honest, everything from Renne’s blog is wonderful. I have been a long time fan and was so excited to have it this month. I was ready to make some wonderful food. But I needed to figure ot what to make! I browsed her MASSIVE recipe index and picked out several recipes, including her Chile-Cheese Cornbread, Smokehouse Burgers, Denver Omelette Muffin Cups, and her Apple Rum Raisin Cake. Like I said, I ultimately decided on the fish. But not to worry, I pined several recipes to come back to.
I served the fish with mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach. We hadn’t had mashed potatoes in forever and I was craving them. And the lemony spinach just worked so well with the fish. A well-rounded meal that everyone loved.
I really hope that you will give this, and any recipe of Renee’s, a try. I just know you will love it. Promise!!
Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound tilapia loins or filets
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
- 1/4 Cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 cup egg beaters ( or one beaten egg or skim milk), to moisten fish before coating
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat the egg and milk together in a shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl, combine he cheese, breadcrumbs, dried parsley, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Dip the fish into the egg and then into the breadcrumb coating and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Spray the tops of the fish fillets with a bit of cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes (the loins are thicker than the filets, so cook for approximately 15 minutes) or until fish is done, opaque and flakes easily.
Adapted from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
And Autumn loved dinner too!! Just don’t correct her when she says ‘Oooo Mommy! Yummy chicken!” She can think it’s whatever, all that matters is that she inhaled it!
Check out all the other great Secret Recipe Club posts HERE this month!
And be sure to check out my 4+ years of Secret Recipe Club posts!!!!
Thanks for visiting. Please leave me a comment to provide some feedback. I appreciate all the comments I receive.