I don’t know if I rocked or utterly failed at being a parent this morning.
I am going with the ROCKED IT approach.
So it’s Summer Session Picture Day!
I picked out Autumn’s outfit last night- super cute floral capris with a patterned yellow top and clear glitter jelly sandals. The outfit was nice and the shoes were pretty nuetral, compared to sneakers or her new favorite minnie sandals that are covered in polka dots and are topped off with a bow. Good, great, we had a plan!
This morning went well. She woke up in a good mood and I quickly got her I even managed to do her hair this morning without an argument. Yes! She watched some Mickey Mouse Clubhouse this morning and then we were on our way to daycare. On the way out the door she grabbed one of my chubby lip tints, like usual to play with in the car. No big.
I let her take this lip tint for the car rides since it’s pretty pale and she doesn’t do too much damage to it or herself. She mainly likes to just hold it.
Well, during the 5 minute ride to daycare, she decided her shoes were acceptable. How dare they not be the Minnie sandals?!?! And covering herself with lip tint would be a great idea.
By the time we reached daycare, I could just mange to get the shoes back on her and I gave up on the lip tint since prying it out of her hands was just not worth it. I did get a brief moment to talk to her teacher about not letting her look like a drag queen for the preschool pictures. Drag queens are awesome, but I don’t need my 2 year old looking like one for a class picture 🙂
Sometimes a 5 minute ride with your kid is just not so simple. But these fish tacos are. Promise!
They allow you to get a healthy, delicious meal on the table in 15 minutes. I’m not even kidding with that. The fish takes almost no time to cook and while they are cooking you can be charring the tortillas. and you just need to cut up the cabbage and the radishes. The chimichurri can be made in advance and stored in an air tight container for when you need it. Otherwise, that too is super quick.
Enjoy Taco Tuesday with these quick fish tacos!
15 minute Fish Tacos with Chimichurri Sauce
Makes 4 tacos
- 2 flounder fillets (12-16 ounces total)
- salt and pepper
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/4 of a small red cabbage
- 4 radishes
- 1 lime cut in wedges
- 1/3 Cup Chimichurri Sauce
- Lightly salt and pepper the fish fillets.
- In a lightly oiled skillet, over medium heat. Saute the fish. Gently flip after 3 minutes. Continue cooking, another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest.
- While the fish is cooking, char the tortillas over an open flame. (alternatively, warm in a dry very hot tortilla.) I suggest you use tongs for this.
- While the fish is cooling, finely chop the red cabbage and thinly slice the radishes.
- Break up the fish into 1″ pieces.
- Assemble the tacos by laying 2 tortilla down, adding some cabbage, 1/4 of the fish, a few slices of radishes, top with some chimichurri. Serve immediately with the lime wedges.