It’s Friday! It’s Pie Day!
I’m excited for the Superbowl this weekend! Well, I am excited for the food. I’m excited to watch the game but I can’t realistically say I’ll watch the whole thing. Once Autumn falls asleep I’m quick to follow. Gotta maximize on my zzz’s! And there is DVR so we could always finish the game watching at 2am when we typically gets up for another bottle. Oh how things have quickly changed…
Anyway, I am looking forward to making a batch of Ham and Cheese Sliders to snack on during the all-day coverage. As well, I’m definitely making another (mini) batch of these Chocolate Football Hand Pies.
These are perfect to enjoy during The Big Game! They are hand held, quick to prepare, and a great sweet treat to finish off a day of salt, savory snacks.
I suggest that you prepare these in the afternoon so that you can just pop them in the oven at half time to enjoy them warm during the second half!
PS- I think these 2 are ready for The Big Game on Sunday! Okay, I just wanted to share some pics! ha!
Chocolate Football Hand Pies
Makes 12+ servings
- 2 refrigerated 9″ pie dough sheets
- 1/4 cup of flour
- approximately 1 cup of Nutella
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare your egg wash by beating 1 egg with 2 tablespoons of water.
- On a floured surface, smooth out the sheets of pie dough. Using a cookie cutter or stencil, cut out the footballs, at least 24.
- Lay out half of the footballs on your non stick cookie sheets. Put a generous tablespoon of Nutella in the center of the football. Then put a bit of egg wash along the edges.
- Place the top football on the bottom and seal the edges with a fork. Then lightly brush the top with the egg wash and using a knife, gently slice some football laces into the center of the top.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Remove from baking sheet quickly and enjoy warm!