Oh baby! Baby!
My birthday is fast approaching. Less than a week away! It’s definitely time to celebrate.
While I normally don’t enjoy celebrating my birthday, but I am going for it this year. I’m turning 30 so I might as well.
We are actually taking off for a cruise as a big birthday thing this weekend. Well, birthday/pre-wedding honeymoon/get the hell out of the cold thing. I can’t friggin’ wait!!
I’m still tossing around the idea of having people over after the cruise to celebrate but truthfully, I’m tired of the work involved for the weather to wreack havoc and wreck it. That has happened more often than not. It’s such a big bummer. I’d love to celebrate with everyone and to make personal pizzas while drinking wine but eh.
Anyway, I made these Birthday Cake Waffles to celebrate my upcoming birthday on this week’s Waffle Wednesday post.
I actually didn’t know what to call this…
Birthday Cake Waffles
Waffled Birthday Cake
Birthday Waffle Cake
Decisions, decisions… some awesome Facebook friends chimed in with their opinions which resulted in Birthday Cake Waffles.
I guess it doesn’t matter what they are called, as long as you make them. It’s just a fun a way to celebrate a birthday with some waffles. You’ll love it!
Birthday Cake Waffles with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
For the waffles
- 1 15.25 ounce box Yellow Cake Mix (I used Pilsbury)
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
For the frosting
- 8 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 4 Tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoons milk
- 3 Cups powdered sugar
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Combine the cake mix, eggs, oil, and water in a large bowl. Mix to combine. Some remaining lumps is okay.
- Using a round waffle iron, make 5 waffles according to the waffle iron’s manufacturer’s instructions.Set aside to cool on a wire rack to prevent them from getting soggy.
- To make the frosting, beat together the butter and the cream cheese. Add the maple syrup and the milk and beat again. Lastly, slowly add in the powdered sugar and beat well to combine.
- Once the waffles have completely cooled, lay 1 whole waffle on your serving plate. Spread 1/5th of the frosting over the waffle. Add another waffle on top rotate 45 degrees to misalign the waffles segments as they lay on top of each other. Spread frosting on the waffle. Repeat with the remaining 3 waffles, rotating each one and frosting after each layer. Decorate with sprinkles.