So if you have had a rough Friday The 13th like me (random street glass in my big toethis morning) this would be perfect for you!
I have a GIVEAWAY!!!! FOR YOU!!!
Have you heard about the upcoming food conference in Providence?!?
Taste Trekkers is hosting the Nation’s First Food Tourism Conference, being held Friday, September 20th – Sunday, September 22nd, 2013. The Taste Trekker’s Conference will feature fantastic speakers, panels, and plenty of food options. What more can you expect in the city city ranked #1 for Food/Drink/Restaurants in Travel + Leisure’s “America’s
Favorite Cities 2012.”?!?!
Matt Jennings of Providence’s Farmstead, Inc. is the keynote speaker. He is a two-time James Beard Foundation Best Chef Northeast nominee and has national recognition as one of “Most Sustainable Chefs in America,” in part due to the development of Providence’s Trace and Trust program.
Even Mayor Angel Taveras will be there too to kick things off on Friday night. woohoo!
While I can’t make it to the conference it doesn’t mean that you should miss out on this wonderful experience so be sure to enter the giveaway (see below)!!
Additional highlights of the conference include:
Breakout sessions featuring:
- From Farm and Fisherman to Table
- New England Lamb Butcher Demo
- Peruvian Cerviche and Causa Limena
- Taste the Terroir of American Honey
- Dry-cured for Three Generations: A Family’s Journey in Charcuterie
- Durham, North Carolina: Integrity Tastes Good
- Memphis: BBQ and Beyond
- New England: Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum!
- Before there were Food Trucks, there were Lunch Wagons
- The Chocolate of Madagascar
- The Story of Vermont Ice Cider: A Tasting and Pairing
Panel Discussion: Food Tripping: Culinary Tourism Today and Tomorrow, hosted by Gail Ciampa, Food Editor of the Providence Journal. Featuring speakers:
- Danielle Brodhagen, Director of Product Development, Ontario Culinary Tourism Alliance
- Jose Duarte, Owner and Chef, Taranta Restaurant
- Cindy Salvato, President & Owner, Savoring Rhode Island
- Joyce Weinberg, Owner, City Food Tours
- Meghan Sheridin, Executive Director, Vermont Fresh Network
- Sai Viswanath, Chef, DeWolf Tavern
Tasting Pavilion at the Providence Biltmore Hotel featuring regional purveyors including:
- American Honey Tasting Society
- American Lamb Board
- Coastal Extreme Brewing Company
- Ravenous Brewing
- Food Trucks In
- Johnson and Wales Univeristy
- Melting Pot Food Tours
- The Mystery Café
- Narraganett Creamery
- And many more!
Culinary Tours on Sunday morning with Rhode Island’s Cindy Salvato, Newport Gourmet’s Mike Martini and A Taste of Rhode Island through the historic neighborhoods of Providence.
Food Truck Brunch on Sunday featuring some of Providence’s most popular Food Trucks, including:
- Acacia Café Food Truck
- Clam Jammers
- Noble Knots
- Panino Express Mobile Cuisine
- Rocket Fine Street Food
- Radish Fugo
To enter the giveaway for a ticket on Saturday just tweet the following:
Just come back and leave a comment here that you did this!
For extra entries:
Follow Taste Trekkers on Twitter AND come back and leave a comment here that you did this!
Like Taste Trekkers on Facebook AND come back and leave a comment here that you did this!
I’ll annouce the winner on Sunday night at 10pm!
If you would like to secure your ticket now then be sure to buy here and get a $15 DISCOUNT!! Awesome! http://tastetrekkers2013.eventbrite.com/?discount=iamahoneybee