Disney’s Villains After Hours Party- a must attend summer event if you love those evil, creepy villains. These tips & tricks will help you enjoy the night.
We all love the sweet Disney Princesses, but you must remember that can’t have all that sweetness without an evil villain. The evil villain makes the princess overcome her struggle and helps create the hero of the movie. The perfect balance for every story.
Thankfully, Disney has realized just how much we all love those evil characters, so they created a whole event around them. Your favorite Villains take over the Magic Kingdom as they blast malevolent music, have spooky lighting and feature villainous entertainment that has been created just for the event. Gobble up villain inspired foods and beverages. Wear Enjoy short lines and a brand-new stage show – Villains Unite the Night.
Check out these tip and tricks to help you make the most out of your Villains After Hours party!
Tips & Tricks for Disney’s Villains After Hours Party
Get Dressed Up!
Wearing apparel that is related to your favorite Disney characters is one of the ways to make your Disney visit so much fun! Now is your chance to sport some fun Villains themed clothes. Or go beyond that and create a fun outfit that pays homage to a character.
Disney Bounding is a fun way to show off your love for a character. Create an outfit that looks like your favorite Villain with similar styled clothes, shoes, and accessories.
Just be sure to follow Disney’s rules about wearing costumes! Check out the rules in advance so that you don’t have any issues in the park.
PRO TIP: If you are going with a group, plan your outfits to go together!
While the party officially is from 10pm to 1am, you can actually arrive at 7pm without having to purchase a theme park ticket. Check-in at ticketing to get your wristband and then start having fun in the Magic Kingdom.
Note: If you are already in the park, then you will just need to head towards to front gates to snag your wristband to continue using the park until it closes.
PRO TIP: Maximize your time in the park by arriving early at 7pm. This is prime time to do some shopping, grab a quick dinner, and create a great strategy for enjoying the party.
Leave the young kids at home!
Of course, Disney is very family friendly, but this is a late-night event and is best for older kids and for adults. Leave the young kids at home so you can make it an extra fun night that starts at 10pm.
PRO TIP: Make Villains After Hours party extra special by making it a fun date night or a fun girls night out.
Enjoy some ice cream!
Included in the price of the ticket are unlimited ice cream novelty bars. Mickey Ice Cream Bars and Ice Cream Sandwiches are available at carts throughout the park. So be extra naughty and enjoy a few. If you don’t, I bet a evil villain will snag them away. And don’t forget to take an Instagram-able Mickey Ice Cream Bar
Besides the ice cream, enjoy popcorn and bottled water. Bottled water normally is $3.50 each so this is a great deal. Just be sure not to be extra evil and recycle those bottles instead of throwing them out.
PRO TIP: Maximize this value by snagging some bottles of water on your way back to your car or your hotel.
Get your face painted!
I’m not one to get my face painted, especially when it’s 900 degrees out, even at 10pm. Okay, it might not be that hot out, but with the humidity, it feels hot!
Anyway, there are some AWESOME villains themed options for you.
PRO TIP: Keep your receipt for your face painting because they will do touch ups for FREE!
Treat yourself to some specialty Villains Treats!
If you like the treats at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party and the Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Halloween Party, you’ll love the treats at the party.
Stop by the various locations throughout the park to purchase a fun treat that is inspired by the Villains. Food and drinks are inspired by Villains like The Evil Queen, Cruella de Vil, Maleficent, Hades, Dr. Facilier, and Emperor Zurg. Refer to the party specific map that identifies all of the locations where you can enjoy these delicious foods.
- Cool Ship: Evil Emperor Zurg’s Noodles- A chilled noodle salad with snap peas, red onion, and sweet garlic chili sauce. The noodles are purple, just like Zurg!
- Cool Ship: Yzma’s Llama Potion: Dry ice-infused vessel filled with Strawberry Fanta.
- Main Street Bakery: Not-So-Poison Apple Cupcakes- A spiced “apple” cupcake with pecan crunch and buttercream. (No lid is provided)
- Storybook Treats: Maleficent Cone- Lime soft-serve topped with chocolate horns and purple sprinkles served in a black waffle cone.
- Storybook Treats: Hades Temptation – Dragon’s Breath Float- Lemon soft-serve and sprite, topped with a green cherry and cherry-flavored syrup.
- Sleepy Hollow: A Drink from The Other Side- A non-alcoholic Hurricane-like drink themed after one of the most popular drinks in New Orleans.
- Sleepy Hollow: Dr. Facilier’s Tarot Card Tart- A chocolate tart filled with dark chocolate ganache and topped with peanut butter mousse and a white chocolate tarot card.
- Tortuga Tavern: Hades Nachos- Black bean nacho chips with “fiery” buffalo chicken and nacho cheese.
- Casey’s Corner: De Vil’s Treat- A brownie topped with black and white icing, inspired by everyone’s favorite puppy stealing villain.
- Liberty Square Popcorn Cart: Headless Horseman Browkie- A bar that is half chocolate chip cookie and half brownie. It is topped with a chocolate piece featuring the Headless Horseman.
PRO TIP: Have a light dinner so you can enjoy a few of these delicious treats!
Enjoy the Rides!
The Villains After Hours event is a limited ticketed event so crowds are at a minimum! Woohoo!!! A must do ride, like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, will normally have an hour plus stand by wait time. There are times, during these After Hours events, that you can just walk right on! I find that I usually wait less than 5 minutes per ride for these events.
Besides the shorter than normal wait times, you can enjoy rides that have their extra evil spin to them. Cast Members will be performing new characters during Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Space Mountain features a high-energy soundtrack as they ride through complete darkness.
The following are all the rides that are open during Disney’s Villains After Hours Party
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- “It’s a small world”
- Mad Tea Party
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Prince Charming Regal Carousel
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Jungle Cruise
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
- Haunted Mansion
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Splash Mountain
- Astro Orbiter
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Space Mountain
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover
PRO TIP: The park thins out near the end of the night. If you missed a ride, run over to it to walk on it.
Take tons of Pictures!
Sadly, there are no character meet and greets during Disney’s Villains After Hours party. But, there are some fun Magic Shots for you to check out.
Stop by the fun photo spots to get some enhanced pictures with your favorites villains.
- Tomorrowland – Oogie Boogie
- Adventureland – Scar
- Mickey & Walt Disney Statue – Hades
- Liberty Square – Maleficent
PRO TIP: If you don’t already have Memory Maker purchased when you are attending the party, go with a friend who has already purchased Memory maker (maybe split the cost with your friend) or someone who has an annual pass.
Villains Unite The Night show!
Disney created a captivating 20+ minute stage show called Villians Unite the Night. The show is hosted by Hades and Megara from Hercules who were later joined by Jafar, The Queen, Dr. Facilier, and Maleficent. Enjoy the performers, music, projections on the castle, and fireworks that end the show.
The show kicks off the party at 10 pm, then is performed again at 11pm and 12am.
PRO TIP: The 12am show is less crowded than the earlier shows. Watch it then for a better, less-obscured view; especially great, if you are short!
Maleficent at Night!
Maleficent the Dragon is a fire breathing dragon that makes the skies light up with a red glow when she roars!
She performs 3 times a night during the party. Be sure to catch one of these amazing performances.
PRO TIP: Walk along with her as she goes along the route to get the perfect shot of her blowing fire
Shop some spooky Villains merchandise!
There’s lots of Villainous merchandise available, but the tumblers and t-shirts featuring Hades are event exclusives.
- Main Street, U.S.A.: Emporium
- Adventureland: Plaza del Sol & Caribe Bazaar
- Liberty Square: Memento Mori
- Fantasyland: Fantasy Faire
- Tomorrowland: Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. & Mickey’s Star Traders
PRO TIP: Score the event exclusives before they sell out.
Enjoy Disney’s Villains After Hours select ticketed event this summer! The 2019 party dates are:
- Thursday, June 6th, 13th, 20th, and the 27th
- Monday, July 1st, and Thursday, July 11th, 18th, and 25th
- Thursday, August 1st and 8th
Tickets to Disney Villains After Hours can be purchased for $139 per adult or child (plus tax) in advance. Tickets purchased on the day of the event for $144 per adult or child (plus tax).
Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members can advance purchase tickets for just $109 per adult or child (plus tax).
More Magical Disney Guides
You must be logged in to post a comment.