For this week’s Thirsty Thursday post, Amanda picked out the theme of beer cocktails. This is perfect for football season! I love football season since it makes for the best excuse to lounge around watching football all day (or at least I sit there and work on a project), you make chips and dip lunch, and enjoy all that with a beer. Just now, we have decided to have a bit of fun with beers and jazz them up to make beer cocktails!
While browsing around for some fun beer cocktails I came across a great list on Epicurious. One really stuck out to me that I had to try. The Cure was created by Washingon DC’s PS 7 bartender Gina Chersevani as a “cure” for the economic recession since she sells it for the discounted price of $5. That’s a great deal! Definitely calls for one during Happy Hour!
I am not a huge fan of The Champange of Beers. It’s just boring to me. But this beer cocktail changes it all. With the addition of lemon juice and Domaine de Canton the beer is brought to life. The fizz from the beer, lemon undertones, and kick from the ginger are the perfect combination.
Amanda made Cherry Beergaritas! Head over to her blog and check them out. Perfect for football season of a summer time beer cocktail. Great all year long!
Makes 1 drink
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1 ounce Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur
- 5 ounces of Miller High Life, or other similar light beer
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 5 (1-inch) pieces peeled fresh ginger cut into thin matchsticks
- Fill a 12-ounce cooler (or highball) glass with ice cubes.
- Add the ginger liqueur, beer, and lemon juice. Stir until combined. Garnish with the ginger sticks.