It’s Columbus Day/Indigenous Peoples Day. I hope everyone who has it off gets to enjoy their long weekend. Unfortunately, Price and I don’t get it off, but Autumn’s daycare is closed so Price is taking it off. (I’ll take off Veteran’s Day next month when daycare is closed then).
So, while I am slaving away hard at work on a presentation, they are going to carve and paint pumpkins that they went out for together this weekend. So cute!
They did a lot of cute stuff together this weekend, like take the dog for a walk on the beach and pick out pumpkins. I got a lot done around the house, which makes me tired, and yet refreshed to get so much done. It was a laid back, but busy weekend around the house. Sometimes we are on the go so much that you just a weekend at home playing catch up to spend other weekends out of the house having fun.
Plus, we’re not feeling too great either. We’re either coming down with colds or some seasonal allergies are attacking us. No fun!
I’m just hoping to feel better asap so I can get a lot done this week so we can enjoy next weekend! We surely do work for the weekends!
If not, I’ll just make more of these Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookie to stuff in my snotty face. ha!!
I really L-O-V-E pudding cookies so I had to play around with the classic Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookie recipe to give them a fun seasonal spin. I swapped out the vanilla pudding for the pumpkin spice one and added a bit more pumpkin pie spice to amp up the flavor a bit more.
These are perfectly soft, tender, and chewy and there is a nice pumpkin spice flavor to them. The perfect mash up of chocolate chip cookies and pumpkin spice. You get all that nice pumpkin flavor without it getting so dense, like what so often happens when you add pumpkin puree to cookies. Perfection!
So while you are pumpkin pie spice-ing all the things, be sure to give these cookies a try!
Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
Makes 36 cookies
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (3.4 oz) package pumpkin spice vanilla pudding
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Sift together the flour and baking soda; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add in pudding mix and pumpkin pie spice, beat until well blended. Then add eggs and vanilla extract, beat again to mix.
- Add flour mixture slowly until well incorporated. Add chocolate chips and beat just until they are incorporated.
- Roll into 36 1″ balls and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 8-11 minutes, until the centers are just set. Let cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute prior to removing to a wire rack to finish cooling.