I got back from Miami last night for a work trip. #allworknoplay It was just 1 overnight but man I missed my people.
And from Price’s report I was missed too. Kemper stared at the door waiting for me to get home. Autumn wasn’t feeling great so she was super clingy to him and didn’t sleep well either. (Thankfully last night was better- only up 2x for our (mostly Price’s) routine stumble into the room in the dark, insert bink in mouth, stumble back out.)
I was super excited to get home after an hour l-o-n-g delay because the net in the cargo area was broken and they had to move all the luggage around to the aft of the plane. Price had to hold back the dog who greeted me as if I was gone for 24 months and not 24 hours. (BTW- the videos of dogs getting reunited with soldiers ALWAYS, ALWAYS make me cry). And Autumn was really excited to smiling and flapping her arms. I picked her up and she grabbed my face and then, I think, attempted a kiss as she open mouth landed on my chin, and then kinda bit me. #momentslikethis
I’ll be alernating trips down there with a co-worker so it seems like I’ll have another 4-5 times down to Miami before the project wraps up in January. I hope I can make it work that we can make a visit extend into a long weekend so that we all can enjoy some Miami’s nice weather and great Cuban food.
Speaking of food…
This Lemony Raspberry Zucchini Bread with a Lemony Glaze is so freaking good. And I know we all have zucchini up to our eyeballs right now. So grab you grater to get work and as the name indicates you have to have some juicy raspberries to throw into the mix. The lemon ties it all together. Ménage à trois…
If you don’t like too much lemon then I would skip the lemon juice in the glaze and just use a tiny bit of water instead, but I think it’s great. I love the texture from the zucchini, the burst of juicy raspberries, and the tart pucker from the lemon. yum!
Gobble this up quickly because it’s delicious and because the glaze will make the bread soggy if you do let it stick around for awhile. Enjoy it for breakfast or an afternoon snack. It’s a great pick me up for a lull in your afternoon. 🙂
Lemony Raspberry Zucchini Bread with a Lemony Glaze
Makes a 9″ loaf
For the Bread
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup of raspberries
For the Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 35o ⁰F. Grease and flour a 9×5″ loaf pan, set aside.
- In large bowl, blend flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In the mixer bowl of a stand mixer/medium-sized bowl, beat 2 eggs well. Then add oil and sugar, and beat on low until well combined. Add the milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest; blend everything well.
- Gently mix in the zucchini until just evenly distributed in mixture.
- Add dry ingredients and fold everything together, but don’t over mix.
- Fold in the raspberries.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes then remove to a wire rack and cool completely.
- While the loaf is cooling, in small bowl, mix the powdered sugar and lemon juice until well blended. Spoon the glaze over the cooled loaf. Let the glaze set prior to slicing and serving.
Adapted from Married/Single Parent