So I’ve recently been snatching up all different kinds of flavored Oreos. Sandwich cookies are my favorite cookies. Don’t even think about getting me Snackwell’s Creme Sandwich Cookies… watch out for your fingers. Anyway, I love to play around with using Oreos in recipes so when I got my hands on some Peanut Butter Oreos I knew just what to do…
Make ice cream!! I used the Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream I made as a starting off point. I swapped out the peanut butter cups for the Oreos and reduced the amount of peanut butter as the Oreos are pretty flavorful. Then it was 1, 2, 3 and enjoy.
What is your favor Oreo flavor? Strawberry? Ice cream? Chocolate Creme? Or are you a traditionalist only? I love the Mint Oreos… those are just trouble!
Oreo Peanut Butter Lovers Ice Cream
Makes 8 servings, 1/2 cup each
- 1 c smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 c white sugar
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/4 heavy whipping cream
- 10 peanut butter Oreos, chopped
- To create the ice cream base, use a mixer combine peanut butter and sugar until smooth. Slowly add in the milks and mix until all the sugar is dissolved, approximately 2 full minutes. Add the heavy cream, beat until well combined and smooth. Refrigerate at least 1 hour to chill the mixture.
- Chop up your peanut butter Oreos and freeze the pieces.
- After the ice cream base as chilled, follow your ice cream makers directions to process the ice cream.
- When your ice cream is almost done, add the chopped up pieces of peanut butter Oreos to the ice cream maker.
- You can enjoy the ice cream now with a soft-serve consistency at this point. Or you can let it chill again, for a least another hour to set up.
Thanks for visiting. Please leave me a comment to provide some feedback. I appreciate all the comments I receive.