What a crazy month! April has been crazy for us with procedures to buy our first house. It’s been very exciting and stressful… so many phone calls and emails! Crazy! Well, that is exactly why I picked this recipe from A Cook’s Quest for this month’s Secret Recipe Club posting. I loved flipping through all the recipe filled pages debating over different things to make but I kept going back to doing this amazing ice cream.
When I saw the recipe for Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream I knew that I had to do it. It would be super simple but so intense. And that is what we needed this month considering everything going on. It would be the perfect sweet treat to enjoy to end the month. Plus it would give the ice cream maker a bit of work before being packed up for a bit.
This is one the creamiest ice creams I ever made. The high fat content and that fact that everything is mixed so thoroughly really made this so smooth and creamy. Because of the high fat content from the peanut butter I cut down the milk so it would be half skim and half whole milk. I probably could have used all skim milk but didn’t want to take my chances with messing around with it. I did not include the vanilla extract as the recipe called for because I make my own and adding vodka to the ice cream will prevent it to set up. I found the recipe really easy to make and would definitely make it again!
Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream
Serves 8 (1/2 cup portions)
- 1 1/2 c smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 c white sugar
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/4 heavy whipping cream
- peanut butter cups -12 regular sized cups or 1 bag of mini cups (approx 30)
- To create the ice cream base, use a mixer combine peanut butter and sugar until smooth. Slowly add in the milk and mix until all the sugar is dissolved, approximately 2 full minutes. Add the heavy cream, beat until well combined and smooth. Refrigerate at least 1 hour to chill the mixture.
- Chop up your peanut butter cups and freeze the pieces.
- After the ice cream base as chilled, follow your ice cream makers directions to process the ice cream.
- When you ice cream is done, quickly transfer it to a cold bowl to mix in the frozen pieces of peanut butter cups.
- You can enjoy the ice cream now with a soft-serve consistency at this point. Or you can let it chill again, for a least another hour to set up
Check out my previous Secret Recipe Club Posts:
February: Fried Pickles
December: Shrimp Sriracha Stir Fry
November: Vegetable Enchiladas
October: Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Check out the rest of the reveal day posts!
Thanks for visiting. Please leave me a comment to provide some feedback. I appreciate all the comments I receive.