Of course, I couldn’t make just 1 Matzo bark. I had to make another variety besides the Peanut Butter Lover’s Chocolate Matzo Bark so I raided my pantry for some fun bark toppings. I came across some pecans from a trail mix I was making so then I started to run with the idea of German’s Chocolate Cake by grabbing some coconut. It is one of Price’s favorite cakes so I knew it would be a hit in our house.
If you love German’s Chocolate Cake then you’ll enjoy this fun bark. It has a lot of sweet crunch to it that it is as tasty as it is loud!
German’s Chocolate Cake Matzo Bark
Makes bark for a crowd
- 4 pieces of Matzo
- 5 ounces of semi sweet chocolate, melted
- 2 ounces of pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Arrange the matzo on a sheet of tin foil or parchment paper or on a baking sheet.
- Evenly coat the matzo bark with half the melted chocolate. Sprinkle the chopped pecans and coconut on the melted chocolate. Gently press them into the chocolate. Drizzle the remaining chocolate over the nuts and coconut.
- Chill the matzo until the chocolate has set up. Break into pieces.