Will ya look at that?
Just take a minute and look at this crumb cake.
Did you do it?
I hope you really did take the time and soaked in the prettiness of this crumb cake.
But it’s prettiness is not the only nice part. Nope. It’s the bananas. It’s the chocolate chips. It’s the pecans. It’s a triple threat!!
The crumb cake will have you sneaking into your kitchen all day and night just so you can cut sliver after sliver hoping that no one notices just how much you’ve eaten.
It’s just such a good cake. I swear. It’s flavorful like banana bread but the texture is light and airy. Plus there are chocolate chips and pecans in it! Not to mention, the crumb topping is soft, with a nice crunch on top. Ah crumb cake bliss!!
Banana Crumb Cake with Pecans and Chocolate Chips
Makes a 9″/10″ cake
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (vanilla or plain)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 small banana’s mashed very well
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecan pieces
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoon softened butter
- 1 Tablespoon water, if neccessary
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray a 9 or 10 inch springform pan with nonstick spray.
- To make the crumb topping: in a small bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Incorporate the butter until the mixture is crumbly. If the texture is not right then add in a few drops of water at a time to get a crumbly mixture. Set aside.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in one bowl.
- Lightly beat the eggs and add in the Greek yogurt, and oil and mix until well blended.
- Mix the bananas into the wet ingredients.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet banana mixture until just combined.
- Fold in the pecans and chocolate chips until just combined as well.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and then top with the crumb mixture.
- Bake at for 30-40 minutes. Allow the cake to cool for 5 minutes prior to carefully removing the outside of the springform pan.
Sourced from Ask Chef Dennis