Snickers Chocolate Chip Cookies- mix in chopped up Snickers bars into chocolate chip cookie dough to make some epic candy loaded cookies.
Post from 12/30/13, pictures updated 8/24/18
Post Contains Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure HERE
Candy and cookies are pretty cool. But candy inside cookies are ever better.
Throughout my pregnancy I had a wicked sweet tooth, which is so unlike me.
Well, when Halloween came around I went all out and bought tons of candy. I went totally overboard since we don’t get that many trick-or-treaters and as a result had a lot of leftover candy. That doesn’t seem like such a bad problem since candy is always great, but we had A LOT. We enjoyed some but I didn’t feel like just snacking on it. I had an itch to do something with the big bowl of candy staring at me.
So, I dug into the pile of the fun size Snickers from our left over Halloween Candy, and got to work. I decided to mix them into a batch of chocolate chip cookies. You know, just to take cookies to the next level. THE NEXT LEVEL.
The combination of chocolate, peanuts, and caramel is undeniably addicting. A great balance of chocolate with crunchy peanuts and creamy caramel. Plus, there is that delightful ying/yang combination of salty and sweet.
The caramel can spill out of these Snickers Chocolate Chip Cookies a bit while baking so you might not get the prettiest cookies. However, I have never personally minded since they were so dang good. Besides just being a great chocolate chip cookie, they have a great chew to them, as well as the great flavors from chocolate, peanuts, and caramel.
I swear these cookies are addicting. They are so good that I had Price bring me some of these cookies to the hospital after I had Autumn. A cookie delivery right to hospital! They certainly beat hospital sweets. 🙂
Whenever you have some leftover snickers from Halloween (or you just go out and buy them) you must give these yummy Snickers Chocolate Chip Cookies a try!
- 2 1/2 Cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Cup chopped Snickers pieces (10 fun-sized bars cut into 8 pieces each)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a small bowl.
- Cream together the butter, sugars, and vanilla extract.
- Add the eggs one at a time beat well after each egg.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture.
- Gently stir in the morsels and Snickers pieces.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Scoop out 24 cookies and roll them into balls prior to placing onto non-stick sheet lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until golden brown and just set in the center. Let rest for a few minutes prior to removing and placing on a baking rack to cool.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 200mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 3g