Holy smokes guys, I bought a new bathing suit!!
I am so freaking ready for summer. It hurts me so much that it’s not yet warm.
I’m not complaining that it’s not warm enough for wearing a bathing suit in April in New England, I’m not delusional! I’m complaining that it’s barely out of the 50’s during the days. There were flurries coming down just the other morning. Insanity.
I’m happiest in the summer in flip flops soaking up the sun. So when I was out shopping this weekend and saw that bathing suits were on sale at Old Navy. Sign me up!! I grabbed this floral, ruched one-piece for just under $20. Such a win. Such a goof!
Anyway, I have a great summer time recipe for you guys… a kick ass potato salad.
Now, normally I am a macaroni salad person. Between the two, I will pretty much always pick macaroni salad, and I could eat my favorite classic macaroni salad for B.L.D in the summer. But this recipe will now be a constant BBQ favorite in our house.
For this month’s Secret Recipe Club I had Karen’s blog, Lavender and Lovage. Karen lives across the pond. Yep, she lives in England. Oh, and also France. I am so envious. I have only been to Amsterdam and Greece, I am just dying to get to England and France. Such beautiful places. No wonder Karen is so inspired to create such wonderful recipes.
Going through Karen’s recipe archive was so much fun. And it was quite tough to pick out a recipe to make. So tough! I picked out so many recipes to review with Price, like her Steamed Asian Fish Parcels, Strawberry Clafoutis, Fresh Blueberry Scones. I was really close to making her Whole Roasted Cauliflower in a Spicy Mexican Sauce, but we had just had a lot of cauliflower just before I planned on making my recipe. Ultimately, I decided to make Karen’s New Potato & Radish Salad in a Creamy Truffle Oil Dressing. It just sounded so good with the truffle oil. I am a sucker for truffle oil. It’s just so luscious to me.
As we are currently doing Whole30 I had to make an alteration to the original recipe, but it was a simple one. I just swapped out the crème fraiche with my homemade Whole30 complaint mayonnaise. I thought the end result was awesome considering the change up, but I am looking forward to trying it with crème fraiche next time.
I am always so thankful for participating in Secret Recipe Club because it gets me to check out other great blogs and their awesome recipes. I’ve been doing SRC for over 3 years and I can say that this is one of my top 5 recipes! That’s saying a lot!!
Next time you whip up some potato salad skip the pickles and hard boiled eggs and go for the radishes and truffle oil. Step up your game. Your taste buds will thank you.
New Potato & Radish Salad in a Creamy Truffle Oil Dressing
Makes 6 servings
- 1 pound new potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 4 ounce radishes
- small bunch of chives, about 15 to 20 stems
- 1 tablespoon white truffle oil
- 2 tablespoons crème fraiche or mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, cover the new potatoes with water. Add the salt and bring to a boil. Boil until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Cut the potatoes into bites sized pieces. Set aside in a mixing bowl.
- While the potatoes are cooking, thinly slice the radishes. Finely chop the chives. Combine and set aside.
- Mix together the truffle oil, crème fraiche, and the white wine vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- While the potatoes are still warm, gently mix the dressing into the potatoes.
- Once combined, add the sliced radishes and chives.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish a a bit more chives.
Adapted from Lavender and Lovage
Thanks for visiting. Please leave me a comment to provide some feedback. I appreciate all the comments I receive.