Vacation is so close that I can almost taste it. And it tastes like burgers, hot dogs, corn on the cob, cake, wine, and s’mores.
Dear lord, that’s a lot of food. ha!
We leave Saturday morning to head to The Cape to have a big family vacation to celebrate my dad’s 75 birthday. woohoo!
I have some big cooking plans for the week, as there will be so many of us there. Man, I love cooking for a crowd! I am prepping by making big batches of macaroni salad and potato salad and a birthday cake with Oreo buttercream frosting on Friday night. Man, the car is gonna be packed on Saturday. ha!
I’m hoping to make these Bacon Jalapeno Popper Cheeseburgers again while I am down there. The kids will prob skip the jalapenos but I have a feeling the adults will dig in. Like, really dig in!
The flame grilled burger gets topped off with a big hunking dollop of a tangy cheese mixture, which is then topped off with slices of grilled jalapenos.
I love jalapeno poppers! I love ordering them at sports bars. They are delightfully naughty! Spicy peppers that are filled with tangy cream cheese. The poppers are always served so hot that the cheese is burning lava hot. And I never wait enough time so I always burn my mouth. Always. I will never learn.
So if you love poppers as much as me, this burger if for you. Plus, it has bacon. Yes!
I hope that you will enjoy this Bacon Jalapeno Popper Cheeseburger this weekend. You totally need to fire up your grill for this bad boy. It’s the perfect mash-up of one of the best spicy appetizers and a juicy burger. noms!!
Bacon Jalapeno Popper Cheeseburger
Makes 4 Burgers
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1 1/4 pound of ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Sour cream
- 1 1/2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, snipped into small pieces
- 2-3 jalapenos
- tomato, lettuce
- 4 Kaiser Rolls
- Cook the bacon over medium heat in a skillet. Place on paper towels when done.
- Season the ground beef with the salt and pepper. Create 4 equal sized burgers.
- Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and green onions in a bowl.
- Fire up your grill!!
- Place jalapenos on your grill over medium heat. Rotate to evenly cook. When all sides have been blackened and the pepper is soft, remove and let cool. Once cool, cut the stem off the peppers, slice into long pieces.
- Grill your burger over medium heat. After 2-3 minutes, flip your burger. Add a quarter of the cheese topping to the burger. At this point, add your buns to your grill in an area when the heat is low. Close your grill.
- Serve your burger by placing a burger on the bottom portion of bun, add some grilled jalapeno pepper slices, top the burger off with some lettuce and tomato slices. Enjoy!
It’s filled with AWESOME prizes. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
A huge thanks to all of the creative bloggers who were just as inspired by a month of burgers as I was and the awesome companies that have donated prizes to #BURGERMONTH: