Behold! The best slider ever!
I know that is a bold statement but I’m pretty sure that you would agree.
It’s the kind of food that when you eat you do a little shimmy. You know what I am talking about.
So here goes…
and Fried Green Tomato
Topped Beef Burger on a Jalapeno Sweet Roll.
It’s a real Southern Charmer!
Autumn and I went tomato picking recently and I snagged a few green tomatoes to play around with. I was mainly thinking I would make some BLTs, but then I started to think about how I could use the fried green tomato on a burger.
So it went from there. Fried green tomato on a burger. And of course I should keep the bacon. What else is southern? Ahhh, pimento cheese! So my burger was topped. When I was shopping for it I spotted the King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls. Oooo, making sliders could be fun! And then I saw their Hawaiian Sweet Jalapeño Rolls and I knew it was SO ON!
The process to make the burgers is rather simple, and the fact that I used my new Anolon Double Burner Griddle made the process even easier. I only dirtied that 1 pan for the whole cooking process as I cooked the bacon, then the green tomatoes and the burger patties on there. So easy! And it has a spout too so it made clean up a breeze as I just needed to pour off the drippings and give the griddle a quick wash.
I hope that you will give these a try for your next (indoor) grilling adventure.
Southern Charmer Sliders
Makes 12 sliders
For the Burger
- 1 pound of ground beef (I suggest 80/20)
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 slices of bacon, cut in half
- 2 ounces arugula
- 1 package of Hawaiian Sweet Jalapeño Rolls (King’s Hawaiian)
For the Pimento Cheese
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise (Hellman’s)
- 8 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons diced pimentos, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Fried Green Tomatoes
- 3-4 small green tomatoes, cut into 1/4″ thick slices
- 1 egg beaten with 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 Cup seasoned bread crumbs
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef with the Worcestershire Sauce, yellow mustard, and black pepper. Form 12 small patties, set aside.
- For the pimento cheese, mix together all of the ingredients. Set aside.
- Cook the bacon over medium heat on the flat size of the griddle. Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Leave grease on the griddle.
- Prepare the fried green tomatoes, dip in the egg, breadcrumbs, back in the egg, and then back in the bread crumbs. Cook over medium heat on the griddle where the bacon had cooked.
- In batches, add the burger patties to the grill and cook until medium- rare/medium.
- To assemble, spread a heaping tablespoon of the pimento cheese on the bottom half of the bun. Then add a few leaves of arugula, the burger patty, a slice of fried green tomato then a piece of bacon, before topping it off with the top half of the bun.
Don’t Forget to Enter the Big, Huge, Mega Giveaway by 6/5!
Check out my previous Burger Month posts!
2014 – Nacho Cheeseburger