Bacon. Apple. Brie. Spinach.
Let’s call it a B.A.B.S. Sandwich!!
I am head over heels in love with this sandwich.
Salty, crunchy bacon. Check!
Crisp, juicy apples. Check!
Soft, luscious brie. Check!
Fresh, vibrant baby spinach. Check!
All of that on hearty bread that is slathered with a Dijon mayonnaise. Check!
I don’t often make sandwiches so when I do it is an event. And this is really good. I love B.L.T’s but I was craving something that felt a bit more fall like than summer. I’ll never turn down a beautiful, ripe tomato, but I wanted to change things up for the upcoming season so I swapped them out for apples. I’d just have to enjoy a PSL while eating the sandwich and it would be a perfect fall meal. #basicandlovingit
I swear the uses of bacon, apples, and brie are endless. It’s just one of those combinations that is timeless. Like peanut butter and jelly, but better because you deserve better. You’re an adult. Eat an adult sandwich!!
I used the Ginger Golds that we picked when we recently went apple picking as they are great eating apples, plus they don’t oxidize and turn brown quickly like a lot of other varieties, so they will taste great and look great in the sandwich.
And of course, bacon is key to this sandwich. We all know that bacon is a versatile ingredient and is easily incorporated into everything from breakfast dishes to burgers to pastas, and, of course, sandwiches. I think that any kind of bacon works but I used Trader Joe’s Apple Smoked Bacon.
I argue that you need a nice, hearty bread for this sandwich. The bread is just as much a key player in this game as the rest of the ingredients. It is what starts and ends the sandwich. Show it some love.
I recently made one of these sandwiches, stood at my door while eating it, taking in the sheets of rain dump down from the grey clouds above. It definitely made for a better rainy afternoon.
You’ll want to experience your own B.A.B.S. Sandwich nirvana yourself.
Bacon, Apple, Brie, and Spinach Sandwich
Makes 2 sandwiches
- 4 slices of thick, hearty sandwich bread
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1/2 apple (I suggest a Ginger Gold), sliced thinly
- 4 ounces of brie, sliced thinly
- 1 Cup baby spinach
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheet. Cut the bacon slices in half, horizontally. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through. (Time depends on thickness of bacon) Remove and place on paper towels.
- Mix to there the mayonnaise and the Dijon mustard.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture on one side of all 4 pieces of bread.
- On each sandwich, layer half the spinach a slice of bread, lace 3 piece of bacon on the spinach, then top with slices of brie and apple, then with 3 more pieces of bacon. Top with the remaining slice of bread. Enjoy!!
Price Taggart says
I have to say this sandy is pretty incredible. A cold beer in one hand and this sandwich in the other is the perfect Sunday lunch for the early football season.