So let’s talk about this year’s Starbucks Red Cup.
Actually, let’s not since I’m not wasting my time on that BS.
Yeah, it’s a bunch of BS. Just imagine my eyes rolling over here
Anyway, our freezer is overflowing with waffles.
Since I make a batch every week we share or freeze a lot of waffles. We send quite a bit to daycare with Autumn and to our dog walker too. Thankfully, all around they are quite respective to receiving baked goods as well.
But I wanted to change things up and make a waffle recipe that wouldn’t have leftovers. So I created a delightfully yummy waffle recipe for 2!!
As we always, always have bananas in the house, I decided to make a waffle recipe that used them. I just believe you can’t go wrong with bananas for breakfast.
And you can’t go wrong with peanut butter either. Nope.
This recipe creates the perfect waffle for a brunch date!
Peanut Butter Banana Waffles for Two
Makes 2 servings
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 1 Tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 Cup of buttermilk or milk
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 Cup cake flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 banana, cut into 1/4″ thick slices
Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and peanut butter. Microwave for 30 second intervals on 50% heat (the reduced heat is to help avoid a butter explosion!). Once the butter mix melted, mix to combine together.
Add buttermilk to the melted butter mixture, mix. Then add the egg, mixing again.
Add the dry ingredients and 3/4 of the sliced bananas. Mix lightly with a fork until the flour is moistened. The batter should be lumpy.
Cook in your waffle iron. A really hot iron will produce a better waffle- nice crisp edges!
- To serve, top off with the remaining banana slices and some syrup.