So, let’s see what’s been going on?
Yesterday was my birthday. I woke up feeling great and went to bed with a cold. And my phone has been broken for like a week. I’m dying. Not from the cold. But because of my phone situation. Although I am questioning if one can sneeze their own nose off…
And as I write that I realize how that is such a #FirstWorldProblem. But it actually is a problem. Like, since how I’m trying to tell my house and don’t have a working phone to talk to people. Yeah, that’s sorta a problem.
Plus, no IG surfing while on the bus. And I am missing out on sending and receiving ridiculous snaps with Amanda. Also, very important reasons to have a working phone.
So right now I’m struggling with figuring out what to do about the phone situation. It’s a hot mess right now with contracts, data packages, new phone releases. I feel so conflicted about all the things.
But I am not conflicted about anything related to this Taco Pie. Nope, it’s going to be your new family favorite. I swear by the stars in the moon in the sky, I swear…
I first had this while in Florida last September. We headed over to my Dad’s friend’s house for dinner and they served Taco Pie. I was hooked immediately. And Autumn was hooked with their pool. We each have our priorities.
It is super easy to make. Super easy. And delicious. Super delicious. (I’m horrible. Blame the cold meds to prevent the mouth breathing)
I know everyone is all about that taco crescent wreath thing, but I wear this is better. Okay, so I never had that thing, but I can bet this is better since the toppings go ON the pie, not like with that wreath where the fun toppings get plopped in the middle.
My one suggestion would be that if you were thinking that keeping this around for leftovers then just serve the pie without the lettuce. Lettuce will get gross when it’s reheated, so no thanks. But tomatoes would still be cool on it.
Makes 8 slices
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup milk
- 6.6 ounce box of mashed potato flakes OR 2 2/3 Cup mashed potatoes (omit the butter and milk)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 4 ounces of shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- Other optional toppings: Sour Cream, Guacamole, Sliced Black Olives, Chopped Cilantro, Salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter. Add the milk to slightly warm. Remove from heat and add potato flakes, mixing well until incorporated. Press mixture into the bottom of a 10-inch pan. Bake for about 10 minutes, until it evenly turns a light golden brown.
- While the crust is par-baking, cook the ground beef and onions until beef is browned and cooked through. Drain.
- Add the salsa and taco seasoning. Cook until bubbly. Pour into the crust. Bake for 15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- Top with the shredded cheese and return to the oven for another 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Top with lettuce and tomatoes. Cut and serve with additional preferred toppings
William Kelly says
A Belated Happy Birthday to you! This looks good, I think I will give it a shot. As for your phone, at least here in Canada. You can pick up a (pre used) unlocked phone and slip your Sim card into it and carry on. That would avoid the new contract etc. (Just a thought)
I was told the wrong info the first time i went into AT&T. Thankfully I stopped in again this afternoon and bought a cheapy phone for $40 to last me until the new Galaxy 7 comes out this Spring. I feel like I am back to the real world after a week of not having a phone
amanda @ fake ginger says
I almost bought stuff for the taco crescent ring yesterday! But then I decided to make chilaquiles. I’m gonna make this next week. Seems like it’d be fairly cheap and a crowd pleaser.
Sent you a snap of my disastrous office today. I kind of hope snaps expire so you won’t actually see what it looks like.
I SAW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This was soooo good! Almost like 7 layer dip taco pie
Allison (@CelebrateSweets) says
Wish I was diving into a slice of this right now! It looks so tasty!