This Grilled Steak Fajita Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette will satisfy your steak cravings while serving up zesty, bold flavors in the form of a great salad.
I am equally a meat and potatoes girl, a salad lover, and a taco addict. This Grilled Steak Fajita Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette satisfies all those cravings at once! Horray!!!
Help, I need some sandals!!! I have plenty of flip flips and boat shoes but I need some nice sandals that are cute and comfy. Summer in Florida means I needs I need to update my wardrobe, including shoes! Suggestions are welcome!
Grilled Steak Fajita Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette
Anyway, I had it in my mind that I was going to make this salad this weekend so I was on a mission to make it happen. I am so glad that I had this vision because this was EPIC!!!!
It is a salad that has a lo o great flavors and textures that will satisfy all your cravings. You get a nice balance of salad, steak, grilled veggies that have a kick your taste buds Cilantro Vinaigrette. Every bite is awesome.
I love having fajitas but I tend to load up on them and feel stuffed, but I don’t feel that way with this salad. The grilled veggies and flank steak really add so much to the crunchy greens. They give the salad so much bold flavor.
Besides the awesome flank steak, the cilantro dressing really makes this salad. But if you are one of those people who hate cilantro, then I suggest changing the dressing up- a ranch would be great. If you love cilantro, then you will really love it. It’s zesty with the cilantro, citrus, and jalapeno, but still mellow with the honey. It has great balance. I want to make tons of it and pour it on everything from this salad to grilled veggies to sauteed fish.
This Grilled Steak Fajita Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette will will satisfy your dinner cravings when you are craving a big crunchy salad and a big hearty steak at the same time. Enjoy!
Is this Grilled Steak Fajita Salad healthy?
Yes! It’s a great salad that will satisfy your tastes buds while filling you up with healthy protein and healthy fats.
What kind of steak
I used flank steak for this salad. I think it is great steak for salads because it is so tender. Plus, you serve it sliced thinly, which makes it perfect for topping on a salad.
Alternatively, you can use a skirt steak. It will cook in a similar time and you slice it the same way.
How long can the Cilantro Vinaigrette last?
If you have leftover Cilantro Vinaigrette, then keep it for 2 days in your refrigerator in an air-tight container.
More Great Salad Recipes
For the Salad
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds Flank Steak
- 1 Tablespoon Adobo seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 3 peppers
- 1 large red onion
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 avocados
- 4 cups romaine lettuce or mixed greens
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- cilantro for garnish
For the Dressing
- 2 handfuls cilantro
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1/2 to 1 whole jalapeno, seeds removed, optional
- 1 Tablespoon honey*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Make the dressing by combining all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until the dressing is smooth. Set aside.
- Rub the Adobo, chipotle powder, and pepper on the steak, set aside to allow the steak to come up to room temperature, at least 45 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium high temperature.
- While the steak is coming up to room temperature, in a dry skillet, toast the pepitas over medium heat. Set aside.
- Cut the peppers to make large flat pieces. Cut the ends off the onion, peel and slice into 1/2" thick slices.
- Place the peppers and onion on the grill. Once charred on one side, flip over to char the other side. Remove, and set aside. Once cool enough slice the peppers into 1/4" thick slices.
- Place the steak on the grill and cook until desired doneness, I suggest medium rare. Let rest for at least 5 minutes prior to cutting thin slices across the grain of the steak.
- While the steak is resting, slice the tomatoes in half. Half the avocado, remove the pit, and slice into 1/4" slices.
- Assemble the salad by dividing the greens among 4 bowls. Equally portion the steak, peppers and onions, tomatoes, pepitas, and 2 wedges of lime on the greens. Garnish with extra cilantro. Drizzle desired amount of dressing on the salad.
*Omit the honey, and substitute orange juice, to make this recipe Whole30 compliant.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 991Total Fat: 66gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 46gCholesterol: 179mgSodium: 1574mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 13gSugar: 12gProtein: 71g