It’s our 1 year anniversary! We have been enjoying a long weekend away in Disney celebrating our anniversary. It’s been a blast. So so so much fun.
So to share our celebration of our anniversary with you all, I share with you this epic Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake. We didn’t have this cake at our wedding, but it’s damn good none the less. And perfect for us to enjoy here in hot, humid Florida.
Cookies and Cream ice cream is my favorite ice cream. Hands down. I don’t get it every time as I like to change things up, but it’s my favorite. Like if you could only have 1 ice cream flavor for the rest of your life, mine would definitely be cookies and cream.
So that is exactly why I picked this Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake from Michaela’s blog, An Affair from The Heart. I immediately headed over to her collection of dessert recipes. I then spotted her ice cream and frozen treats category. Ummm, yes!
I loved the idea of making an ice cream cake so I checked them out and selected the Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake because I love cookies and cream so much!
I did everything slightly wrong when it came to making this cake. And, guess what?!?
It was still awesome.
You should make it with a spring form pan to make getting the cake out of the pan easier. But I couldn’t find my many spring form pans in our boxes. And I didn’t feel like rushing out to buy yet another.
Also, you should assemble the cake quickly-ish. Like cake brownie, let cool a bit, then get the hot fudge, cookies and then ice cream on top. Well, I didn’t have time for that since I made my brownie at 11pm one night and just didn’t feel like staying up to do the rest, so I assembled the rest of it the next night. No big. Still turned out great!
So I deviated from plan a bit but it still turned out fine. The point is, make it work, and make this ice cream cake!
Don’t like cookies and cream? Then try one Michaela’s of other ice cream cakes, like her Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Cake or her Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Cake. I bet you will love them all!
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake
Makes an 8″ round cake
- 1 package of brownie mix, 8×8 size
- 1/2 of a 10 ounce jar of hot fudge sauce
- 15 Oreo cookies, crumbled (approximately half a package)
- 1 quart of Cookies and Cream Ice Cream, softened
- garnish with crumbled Oreo Cookies and the remaining hot fudge
- In a spring form pan, Bake the brownies as instructed on the package.
- Cool slightly. Warm the hot fudge in microwave according to the jar. Spread a little more than 1/2 of the hot fudge over the brownies. Sprinkle aboutcrumbled cookies evenly over the top.
- Spread softened ice cream over the cookies, and “frost” with remaining hot fudge.
- Quickly put it in the freezer to harden.
- Remove ring from spring form pan before serving.
Adapted from An Affair from the Heart
Check out all the other great Secret Recipe Club posts HERE this month!
And be sure to check out my 4+ years of Secret Recipe Club posts!!!!
Thanks for visiting. Please leave me a comment to provide some feedback. I appreciate all the comments I receive.